Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with Lockers! Rubi Axles on a X

Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Lockers! Rubi Axles on a X

Hello,

Just ordered some D44's front and rear for my JK X unlimited.

Anyone done this before?

Can I still use the same driveshafts?

Can I wire them directly. No computer module.
Straight switch maybe a Relay?
Are the Lockers 12V?

Please help
Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK-Boy
Hello,

Just ordered some D44's front and rear for my JK X unlimited.

Anyone done this before?

Can I still use the same driveshafts?

Can I wire them directly. No computer module.
Straight switch maybe a Relay?
Are the Lockers 12V?

Please help

Look up "Piginajeep", he's a moderator here and I know he's done the front D44 swap for sure. He may be able to help you out.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Here's a thread on it

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=rubi+axles
Old 04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chasebrady
I just did mine (front only) two weeks ago. It's plug n play. I had the old one down (by myslef) in 1 hour and the new one installed and test driven in 1.5 hours (with help of 1 person).

Its heavy, but easy.

The lockers I have not done yet, but if you search on my posts, you will see some good advice that I was given. I will be putting that advice to use this week hopefully.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guy's im ready the post, i think i'll go with the whole mopar switch and harness. Is the hardness easy to install, connect? How many zip ties are required? LOL
Old 04-15-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
I just did mine (front only) two weeks ago. It's plug n play. I had the old one down (by myslef) in 1 hour and the new one installed and test driven in 1.5 hours (with help of 1 person).

Its heavy, but easy.

The lockers I have not done yet, but if you search on my posts, you will see some good advice that I was given. I will be putting that advice to use this week hopefully.
Did you keep you brake calipers? Im thinking of changing them, i already have 50G miles on it :S
Old 04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

I talked with TNT Customs, they done a swap and used Toggle Switches for the lockers.

I was told all you need is:

Mopar Wiring Harness

Toggle Switches

Full Control on Lockers

Old 04-15-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default rubi axles on X

I had them installed about 2 weeks ago. The shop had ordered the OEM wire harness and OEM switch panel. They ended up just using rocker switches and wiring to the battery- not plugged into transfer case. Can lock rear in 2HI, 4HI, 4LO, front in 4HI and 4LO. Independantly. I think they used the OEM plugs from harness and spliced into them. Joe
Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by joejeeper
I had them installed about 2 weeks ago. The shop had ordered the OEM wire harness and OEM switch panel. They ended up just using rocker switches and wiring to the battery- not plugged into transfer case. Can lock rear in 2HI, 4HI, 4LO, front in 4HI and 4LO. Independantly. I think they used the OEM plugs from harness and spliced into them. Joe
same here, ordered harness and switch. harness would take FOREVER to install. cheap enough from the dealer to snip the connectors and splice. ordered the daystar switch panel and rockers from quadratec (to replace blank panel above shifter-will hold 4 swicthes) and will be installing this coming week
Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 PM
JK Newbie

What did the harness cost with the plug for the diff? I ended up using some red butt connectors and crimping them down just enough to make it a tight press into the plug on the axle. Used some shrink wrap and made my own plug. So far so good but if the factory plug is cheap, I'd replace it for peace of mind (even though what I did works great and cost about 60 cents )
As far as how I wired mine, I installed an ARB in the rear of my X 44 with Superior Evo Shafts, and a Rubicon 44 in the front. When I wired up the ARB compressor and rear locker switch, I installed a front ARB switch as well in the harness and direct wired the harness end for the air line pressure valve to the front locker and it worked perfectly.
Beat on it in Moab all week with 10.2:1 transfercase gearing and it did great!

Quick Reply: Help with Lockers! Rubi Axles on a X