Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help me build the best lift I can for $600ish

Old 10-09-2015, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you all know if you need to loosen the bolts in the rear when you add the spacer? For some reason I want to say "no you don't" but I really have no idea and would like to know.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Load rate E tires are made more for full size trucks than for lighter jeeps. As noted above, lowering the psi is free, and you could find that it gives a less harsh ride while still having a good contact patch. If you don't like it, just pump them back up.

For the slight pull to one side, search on 'tire pull' or 'radial pull'. I haven't followed any threads on those tires, but they could be one that people here talk about as having a known pull to one side.

Your budget boost did not come with any adjustable components, so teraflex saying an alignment is not 'needed' is correct. Paying for one could even be considered a waste of money since the camber and toe didn't change due to the lift. The caster did change, but there was no way to correct it. So the only thing a shop would have done is recenter the steering wheel.

But, since it is pulling to one side and you say the steering is flighty, having the numbers will be a good thing.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

-I lowered the pressure to 30# in all tires.

-Went and had the alignment checked and all the numbers were within spec.

-re-centered my steering wheel.

-loosened all upper and lower control arms with the jeep on the ground.

Seems to be night and day as far a drivability. Pretty large improvement. I'm definitly happy.

I am going to go with the Rock Krawler stock mod kit though, and some rancho Shock soon. I think that will put me right where I want to be.

Quick Reply: Help me build the best lift I can for $600ish