Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help...OME or Rock Krawler Lift

Old 11-15-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help...OME or Rock Krawler Lift

So I'm a few months away from purchasing a lift kit for my JK. I know I'm asking this question kinda soon, but I need to figure out how much $ to save up.

It comes down to 3 choices:
-OME with light springs
-Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod (also purchase front LCAs)
-Rock Krawler 2.5" max travel kit

For a long time I will keep my stock bumpers (and maybe for the life of my ownership). I do maybe 5-10% off-roading on dirt/sand terrain being that I live at the beach. I'll be running 285/70/17 tires on my stock painted Moabs. I have 3.73 gears.

Please provide me any information and pics.

Thanks y'all.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure about the Rock Crawler lift, but I have a 2.5 light duty OME lift on my rig and love it. Rides like a dream, better than stock in my opinion. Flexes great too. I would buy it again in a second. I have driven quite a few jeeps with various lifts and think OME rides the best.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fanatic
Not sure about the Rock Crawler lift, but I have a 2.5 light duty OME lift on my rig and love it. Rides like a dream, better than stock in my opinion. Flexes great too. I would buy it again in a second. I have driven quite a few jeeps with various lifts and think OME rides the best.
X2 ^ Same goes for the OME heavy kit. Rides better than stock but I would recommend you have some weight on the Jeep in the front and rear before going to the heavy option. I have rode in Jeeps (JK's, YJ's, TJ's) with various OME configurations and they have all been great! I have heard good things about the Rock Krawler lift as well but have no first hand experience with it.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies fellas....any Rock Krawler guys/girls out there care to comment on their kit. Oh by the way...I would buy Bilstein 5100s shocks for either RK kit.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Only good things to say about my rk lift. I went with the ome long travel shocks. They ride abit softer then the bilsteins.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

I was looking around for a lift for a while, what sold me on OME was this.

When people talk about their OME lift its NEVER bad, Some lift kits people either love them or hate them. But with OME I have yet to see someone complain, even when i was looking for a lift for my TJ back in the day it was the same story.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

I have the RK 3.5 X plus supspension and love it. I know you are looking at the 2.5. I would highly recommend Rock Krawler. Every part they produce is a serious piece of equipment, heavy duty and finely finished and super solid. Their Control Arms are solid steel! The ride on the road is great, the susupension off road is out of this world.

I'm sure OME is good stuff but you will not be disappointed with Rock Krawler.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am pretty sure from y'alls reviews and other on the forum that I want to go with Rock Krawler. I know I'll definitely get the 3" of lift I'm looking for and it I hit more serious trails this kit will be able to handle it.

Any one with the 2.5" RK stock mod add anything to the package other than front LCAs and shocks? Like extended brake lines or anything?

Thanks so much guys for helping me out I'm new to the 4 wheel drive and Wrangler world...I came from a 2011 Mustang 5.0.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 1FoxyJK
I am pretty sure from y'alls reviews and other on the forum that I want to go with Rock Krawler. I know I'll definitely get the 3" of lift I'm looking for and it I hit more serious trails this kit will be able to handle it.

Any one with the 2.5" RK stock mod add anything to the package other than front LCAs and shocks? Like extended brake lines or anything?

Thanks so much guys for helping me out I'm new to the 4 wheel drive and Wrangler world...I came from a 2011 Mustang 5.0.
You will net 3" with the OME as well. Just an FYI...
Old 11-16-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
You will net 3" with the OME as well. Just an FYI...
Only the HD coils give you 3" and I was going to do the light springs since I'm keeping my stock bumpers and fenders.

Quick Reply: Help...OME or Rock Krawler Lift