Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP po741

Old 04-15-2023, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP po741

Anyone ever have issues or fixed code PO741? Its for torque converter clutch circuit performance, causing no converter lock up which in due time causing trans temp to rise to 230-240°+ when driving over 50mph more than a couple miles at a time. It'll shift fine and run cool on back roads if im under 50mph, anything more for longer periods of time, it doesn't get back into overdrive. I've changed trans fluid/filter, bypassed the thermal block and new TCC solenoid with no luck. Getting ready to install 4.88 gears but wanting to fix this prior so im not running HIGH rpms on the road, while its already at 28-3k at 60mph with 39s and 3.73s. I do have a new Torque converter to install if it comes down to it, just trying to avoid dropping the trans if it ends up being something simple.
Old 04-17-2023, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure but I'm betting the trans is coming out. You might as well rebuild it then. You've just spent the vast majority of the labor in the R&I anyway.

Quick Reply: HELP po741