Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!! Purejeep rocker install

Old 10-12-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah feel free to call me, I'll be glad to help if I can. Ask me how well they fly across a garage!

I had to call Rubimon myself a few times during the install. Piginajeep called me during his. I think its pretty standard for you to lose some hair during the install, but once done I haven't heard anyone be disappointed. They are quite amazingly well built sliders. I've put mine to the test a few times and they performed well.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Yeah feel free to call me, I'll be glad to help if I can. Ask me how well they fly across a garage!

Here is a video of how Jack installs a PJ Slider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fGZsyuge8&NR=1

Old 10-12-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First: Thanks for all the advice.

Second: It is nice to know that I am not the only one that had problems.

Third: You are all absolutely right, they are a great product and worth the trouble!!
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love my PJ sliders but those nutserts are total crap. I rigged mine with some JB Weld and they are holding up but I think I'll take a look at the local hardware store for the rubber ones mentioned.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Well it is WOL's pictorial, it is just my Jeep.
sorry , i just recognized you in some of the pics, so i assumed..... ya know what happens when you assume!

i met Piginajeep at the Jeep fest in Canfield, OH this past July. once i saw those rockrails i knew those were the ones for me!!!

should i attempt these alone or try to get a buddy for another pair of hands? i saw the jackstand (in the pics), so i was wondering if i could do it myself? thanx
Old 10-12-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Here is a video of how Jack installs a PJ Slider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fGZsyuge8&NR=1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rocker Guards -4 Door Model

I love my PJ Rocker Guards - yes, I saw the instruction -wow lot of works so I decide to took my jeep to Jeep Shop and they said it will take them (2 guys) about 3 hours but wrong - end up 6 hours with professional 2 guys - they said WOW - lot of work - drill many holes, make sure right position, etc… but come out beautiful and solid - they said this design is best ever they seen. Yes, I know big ouch $$$ but they did right job first place.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rampage
I love my PJ Rocker Guards - yes, I saw the instruction -wow lot of works so I decide to took my jeep to Jeep Shop and they said it will take them (2 guys) about 3 hours but wrong - end up 6 hours with professional 2 guys - they said WOW - lot of work - drill many holes, make sure right position, etc… but come out beautiful and solid - they said this design is best ever they seen. Yes, I know big ouch $$$ but they did right job first place.

do you mind me asking how much?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may be able to do them yourself but an extra pair of hands would be recommended, at least for the first side. Once you do one the second one will go faster and you'll know if you can release your friend.

Paying 2 guys for six hours could get pricey but it is a reasonable amount of time for their first time around. Once they are on, you really have no way of knowing if they screwed up along the way. But as long as they look great in the end, it really doesn't matter.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by MI MudBoss
do you mind me asking how much?
ty paid for 6 hours of install time on his two door rockers. @ $80 an hr? I cant remember. Just get two jack stands for the 4 door and a friend to help. It really isnt bad, it just takes alot of time.

the nutzerts part is not the strength of the rockers, its merely to hold the plate into the body, the crush sleeve is where all the strength comes from.

I helped install a set on 4wd's red JK, we had no issues with the nutzerts on his. Mine was a little harder, I think I made the holes a little big with the shitty drill bit. If you made the hole a little bigger than 1/2" thats going to be your issue.

btw if you call PJ on the 11th, they are closed on saturday.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 10-13-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Help!! Purejeep rocker install