Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help set up a severe duty Ruby on 37's for the ROCKS

Old 12-22-2006, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help set up a severe duty Ruby on 37's for the ROCKS

I have a friend who has a Rubicon auto trans 2 door on order (will be ordered next week now that Mygig is avail)

I am helping him set it up for severe duty in the southwest "PHX" area.

I have a good idea of what we need to do to it to run 37" or possibly 39" BFG Crawlers, but we would welcome any input on the build (his budget is in the higher $ range for build)

we are open to specific product ideas if proven high quaility and tested

"I hope this thread will also be valuable to others, at least in the months ahead"

we have hoist and nice shop to work at

would like to keep wild fabrication to a minimum

this Jk is going to be built as a serious trail/rock rig as soon as all the good parts have panned out in the aftermarket
(ie. proven engineering in time and testing, not just get it ready for SEMA)

Thanks............

We are taking it to Moab for Easter, but I don't think all the needed aftermarket parts will be available by then

Last edited by over's tj; 12-22-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:46 PM
JK Freak

well if you want to get serious then find a shop that will do a full out 4 link with coil overs....I personaly would'nt go any larger than 37's on the stock rubi axles but that's just me. I know you said you'd like to keep "wild fabrication" to a minimum but you said you had a budget of 15 g's for the build a good shop could hook you up sweet for the money you have to spend....hell if you lived here in nor cal my shop could hook you up nicely
Old 12-22-2006, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
well if you want to get serious then find a shop that will do a full out 4 link with coil overs....I personaly would'nt go any larger than 37's on the stock rubi axles but that's just me. I know you said you'd like to keep "wild fabrication" to a minimum but you said you had a budget of 15 g's for the build a good shop could hook you up sweet for the money you have to spend....hell if you lived here in nor cal my shop could hook you up nicely
Thanks, we love to do as much work on our rigs as we can, its a bonding experence you know, agreed on the axles but you never know, it could end up with Dynatrac Pro-Rock 60's at some point, for now, likley stock housings with chromo shafts and 4.88's

the need for extreme fabrication should diminish as the aftermarket catches up, could you ever of imagined what is available for TJ's now, back in the late '90's

Quick Reply: Help set up a severe duty Ruby on 37's for the ROCKS