Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help with teraflex 4 in. lift???

Old 02-12-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help with teraflex 4 in. lift???

thinkin about getting it with out their flex arms just the simple 4 in. lift and running 35 in. tall tires. but do i need to do any drivetrain modifications??
Old 02-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryant
thinkin about getting it with out their flex arms just the simple 4 in. lift and running 35 in. tall tires. but do i need to do any drivetrain modifications??
You will not be able to adjust the caster without atleast a set of front lower control arms. How tall of tires are you going to run?2dr or unlimited? Yes at some point you will need to replace the driveshafts.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You will not be able to adjust the caster without atleast a set of front lower control arms. How tall of tires are you going to run?2dr or unlimited? Yes at some point you will need to replace the driveshafts.
ohh i cant use the stock arms?? and i was gunna run 35 in. tall tires then wen i have enuff money i was gunna re gear it and do driveshafts and 37 in. tall tires all at the same time... probably wen the 35in. tall tires run outta tred
Old 02-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

ohh i cant use the stock arms?? and i was gunna run 35 in. tall tires then wen i have enuff money i was gunna re gear it and do driveshafts and 37 in. tall tires all at the same time... probably wen the 35in. tall tires run outta tred
Well you can but at this height of a kit, you really shouldn't.
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are only running 35's, you might look at the 3" lift. Mine runs pretty tall, more like everyone else's 4". Then you shouldn't need any Driveshaft mods on an unlimited, not sure about a 2 door.
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as joe said get a set of front lower control arms my 2.5 coil lift drives so much better with them
Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

yeah its an unlimited rubicon i have like a 1.5 in. body lift rite now so with the 3 in lift will i be able to stuff 37in. tall tires? because that is my goal eventually and i dont wanna change lifts and all that
Old 02-12-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sully151
If you are only running 35's, you might look at the 3" lift. Mine runs pretty tall, more like everyone else's 4". Then you shouldn't need any Driveshaft mods on an unlimited, not sure about a 2 door.
do you have a picture of yyours??
Old 02-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

yeah its an unlimited rubicon i have like a 1.5 in. body lift rite now so with the 3 in lift will i be able to stuff 37in. tall tires? because that is my goal eventually and i dont wanna change lifts and all that
You can run 37's with a 3" kit. Look up planman here, he has lots of good input on small lift/big tire setups.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You can run 37's with a 3" kit. Look up planman here, he has lots of good input on small lift/big tire setups.
what is planman????

Quick Reply: help with teraflex 4 in. lift???