Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with Tire Sizing

Old 02-25-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Tire Sizing

Hi,

This may be a simple question; but, I'm a little bit confused by tire sizing details.

I am installing a 3" lift on a JK 08, and I'm planning on installing 35 tires at some point. If I can find a good deal, I am leaning toward buying tires and wheels sooner, rather than later.

I am looking seriously at the BFG KM2s. I believe the correct tire I am looking for is 35x12.5x15; but, I am having trouble searching on some sites using that criteria. Can someone help me by pointing me to a reference that will convert the actual size into the size information that is required to look at pricing and selection at sites such as Discount Tire online?

Also, is the 35x12.5x15 a good spec, or should I be looking at other options for a 35" tire?

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Help with Tire Sizing