Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help! What Teraflex BB to get?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! What Teraflex BB to get?

I would like to increase my tire size on my 2 door Rubicon... I use my JEEP as my main ride and don't take it off road as much as I would like. And when I do, it would be laughable to some of you... Need some more experience I will admit. Anyway, I am looking to jump up 2.5 inches, but not sure what would be the easiest lift to install with they least amount of additional modifications. I have been looking at the three TeraFlex BB lifts the 2.5 budget Boost the,2.5" Budget Boost with OE Shock Adapters, and finally 2.5" Budget Boost with Shocks. Like I said I am basically doing this to give my jeep a tougher stance and bigger wheels and tires... Can I just get away with the basic boost....knowing now what I am looking to do?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked at the HD BB kits with front coils?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Junkie

We have the BB with shock extensions and have been very happy with it. The rubicon shocks with the extensions work great on and off road. I really think you need to get either the one with extensions, or the longer shocks. Since you already have a quality shock, Id go for the one with the extensions. I think the basic BB without either was made for someone who was going to get a different brand of shocks.

Last edited by bly109; 02-28-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both our 2 DR ruby's love there TF 2.5 BB with shock extensions.

RubyJeep

RubyDoo

Old 02-28-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bly109
We have the BB with shock extensions and have been very happy with it. The rubicon shocks with the extensions work great on and off road. I really think you need to get either the one with extensions, or the longer shocks. Since you already have a quality shock, Id go for the one with the extensions. I think the basic BB without either was made for someone who was going to get a different brand of shocks.
Great information thanks
Old 02-28-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkkat
Both our 2 DR ruby's love there TF 2.5 BB with shock extensions.

RubyJeep

RubyDoo

WOW Jeeps look great with the lifts... You planning on going bigger with your tires? I will be researching that next... unfortunately for me, I have to do one mod then wait while I save for the next My girl is getting frustrated says I would rather marry my JEEP then her LOL

Quick Reply: Help! What Teraflex BB to get?