Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP1/2" difference ok .... Front end

Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HELP1/2" difference ok .... Front end

Hi guys I just noticed today on my JK 4 dr FRONT end is slightly lower on the passenger side only a 1/2" or so that's looking at it head on using the fenders. Is that normal ? Or should I ask is it ok??!
I have a full 3" Teraflex lift installed, including new adj track bar... 33" tires 35" MTZ's going on in 6 days..... Thx Rob
Old 03-24-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Hi guys I just noticed today on my JK 4 dr FRONT end is slightly lower on the passenger side only a 1/2" or so that's looking at it head on using the fenders. Is that normal ? Or should I ask is it ok??!
I have a full 3" Teraflex lift installed, including new adj track bar... 33" tires 35" MTZ's going on in 6 days..... Thx Rob
Something is wrong. Should be no difference between driver and passenger side front height. Might be a bad shock... Or a flat tire?
Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try looking at the springs. one of the springs at the bottom could have jumped out of the spring perch and it could be sitting on your axle...
Old 03-24-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

the passenger side is known to sit a little lower due to the gas tank on that side, and it usually levels out once a driver is in the Jeep. this has been talked about many times over the years...

however, if its just the front, it sounds like what Pluke said and may be a coil that has rotated off of the perch. could also be a seized control arm if the arms werent loosened during the lift install and retorqued on the ground.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:58 PM
JK Junkie

Thx to all
Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Please let us know what you find out. I was wheeling in the mud last week and now mine is doing the same. I will check the shocks and springs.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Huck271
Please let us know what you find out. I was wheeling in the mud last week and now mine is doing the same. I will check the shocks and springs.
Ok I'm taking it in to my 4wheel shop this coming Wed march 30th to get my 35" MT MTZ's tires put on... They're going to check it out for me then.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Any update?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default The JK lean

Almost all JK's sit lower on the right, especially the 4 door. I have had 3 sets of coils in mine with exactly the same result, I think all becasue of the gas tank which is probably 90kg when full. I have a 10mm spacer in the front right and a 1" spacer in the rear right. Sits dead level up front and about 3mm taller in the rear. The problem is worse in Oz as we also drive on the RHS which drops it another 6mm. Oz coil manufacturers have just started to make coils right and left sided as they have been doing for other 4wd's for years, 10 - 15mm longer front and rear.

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Old 03-31-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

I noticed my swaybar in the front is not identical on both sides when compared to the frame as a reference point. Could be due to weight distribution. I just installed a new rear bumper and man is it heavy and the tire rack connects on the passenger side which supports all the rear tire, rack, and gas can weight. That could easily be 300-400 pounds of difference plus the gas tank

Quick Reply: HELP1/2" difference ok .... Front end