Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hemi Swap Getrag 238 mounting bracket

Old 04-19-2019, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dekooy
Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. That'll save me a few coins knowing that!

Just for reference for anyone else reading, the aluminum structural dust cover between the engine oil pan area and the g238 is part number 53021584AA (or so my research and first hand testimony from others who have done the swap say). The thin metal dust sheild that covers the open bottom of the tranny once mounted is 52107753AC.

Yes those are the correct numbers. Here they are all happy and in place:

There are seven SAE bolts for the bellhousing - the four upper bolts are one size, and the two side bolts (with cone or Belleville washers don't forget those) that thread through the block just underneath the dowels and into the bellhousing. The other bolt is a 1/4-20 x 1/2" black oxide for the dust shield. The rest are metric. All the correct bolt part numbers, sizes and lengths are in my spreadsheet on the other forum (I'm Rockystock over there). Recommend using the OEM bolts (and ARP for the side bolts) because the strengths vary and you don't want a grade 5 bolt (or class 8.8 for metric) trying to do the work of a grade 8 (or metric class 10.9). Good luck!
Old 04-19-2019, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh hey Rockystock! It's great that you're over here too! Between the two of you guys, I'm sure I'll have enough guidance to figure this thing out! It's nice to see the manual swaps getting a bit more coverage now too....i've been dreaming of this swap for years before I started gathering and can remember dismal search results, only a few years ago!
The following users liked this post:
NoVA Family Guy (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dekooy
Oh hey Rockystock! It's great that you're over here too! Between the two of you guys, I'm sure I'll have enough guidance to figure this thing out! It's nice to see the manual swaps getting a bit more coverage now too....i've been dreaming of this swap for years before I started gathering and can remember dismal search results, only a few years ago!
Howdy howdy. Well it looks like we're building the coverage lol. When you're ready, post up your own swap thread and especially anything you did that's different. Love to see what others did better I used several tips and approaches from other threads. REALLY interested to see how you solve the shift tower / lower shift boot fitment. I suspect I could have built a new trans. mounting bracket adapter (different from the one I got from JSS) that goes between the trans. and the isolation mount to drop the trans. an inch or so. My body lift took care of it but if you guys do/did it different that would be very useful info for others.

Quick Reply: Hemi Swap Getrag 238 mounting bracket