Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hemi upgrade

Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi upgrade

I am currently getting into the hemi upgrade I have the 5.7 with the auto out of a 2500 I am looking into the Burnsville kit but wondering what everyone is doing with diffs is the d44 strong enough or is a d60 needed. I am currently running 4.88 gears so its goin to be pretty low geared. Driveshaft lengths? Looking for some help. Any input
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 5.7 Hemi from a Ram 1500, I have dana 60's 5.38's and I bend axles, mostly it happens with street driving.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Reaperjeeper
I am currently getting into the hemi upgrade I have the 5.7 with the auto out of a 2500 I am looking into the Burnsville kit but wondering what everyone is doing with diffs is the d44 strong enough or is a d60 needed. I am currently running 4.88 gears so its goin to be pretty low geared. Driveshaft lengths? Looking for some help. Any input
Reaper,

I ran a small block Chevy 408" in a Scout for several years with a D44 and didn't break it. I did have 3.73 gears though. Burnsville has a shop here in Denver, they do good work and will give you all the information you need when you call for the kit. I think you will love the power of the 5.7! My 408" had 370 HP on the dyno with 400 ft. lbs. torque and it moved pretty well, the mountains here didn't even phase it.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

I've been thinking of using 2500 diffs to hold up to the hemi still trying to find time to work on it has anyone done anything like this ?

Quick Reply: Hemi upgrade