Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's what's on order, here's what's left on the list. Opinions?

Old 02-21-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's what's on order, here's what's left on the list. Opinions?

I had a '00 TJ 1 tons, 40s, Atlas, etc.....It's gone now and I thought I might never get back into wheelin......

Last week I drove off the lot with a new 09 4-dr Rubi JK.

On order so far:

Bestop Safari, jammer, duster
BFG 35 MT KM2 and 17" MT classic lock

Will order this week:

EVAP relocater
TJ relocate mirrors

On the fence:

Bestop 2 pc soft doors -- I'm a bit concerned about the soft doors since I'll have 3 kids in the back seat. I want to be able to go doorless or at least half doorless but not at the expense of the kiddos. Considering element doors with skins plus ? upper halves if they come with it. Factory half doors would have been perfect.

The most difficult decision.....lift???

Rubicon Express -- I loved my long arm set up on the TJ before I went 1 ton, but then I built my own links for the 1 tons using RE cartridges...Great stuff. I'm considering the 3.5 super flex plus an adjustable rear track bar. Springs on the RE are awesome from my prior experience.

Teraflex 3" -- None of the kits really have everything, so it's difficult to price on-line. It certainly looks like it has the most lift when I looked at ALL the picutres on the MY WEB pic post here on the forum. Customer service also looks awesome.

FT 3" -- This seems to be the new one on the block since the last I was building. Looks HD but I really don't like heim joints. They all seem to get sloppy with time. Prefer cartridges, but I do like the huge track bars.

I'm thinking of calling Dave at northridge 1st of the week for advice. Can't seem to price out the Tera online like I'd want it. I do see that jeepinoutfitter is a few hundred cheaper on the RE kit.

Give me you thoughts, experiences, pictures, etc... This Jeep will not be bashed like my prior trailer queen rock rig, but it will hit the trails at Tellico and see it's fair share of abuse. Provided Tellico is open when all is said and done.

Thanks, sorry for the length.

Doc
Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say that I have had the Teraflex 2.5" coil kit and now the 3". I am happy with them, and the customer service. I cant speak for RE, except that they are more popular in the TJ world than the JK world. I have FT upper CA's front and rear as well as a FT adj front track bar. I wouldnt buy them again. Not happy with the way the CA rotate on the joints, and also the track bar makes a lot of noise. It contstantly loosens up, too. I dont know if I can blame that on the track bar itself, but I cant figure out why. I have the TF adj lower CA's front and rear and am VERY impressed with them...
Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the comments. After more digging, I'm now considering Clayton. They use Johnny Joints and look pretty beefy. Can't beat the warranty. I PM'd David at northridge, just waiting on a response 1st of the week. Can't find alot pics of clayton's 3.5" with 35s.

Doors, I'm thinking elements (possibly with enclosures) with uppers. A little more material between the kiddos and the outside.

Bumpers. I really like the looks of the shrockworks stubbies.

Doc
Old 02-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Lee
JK Enthusiast

I had the same dilemma about which lift is best. Take a look at the Currie 4". There Johnny Joints are fully rebuildable. Mine is arriving later this week, so I can't tell you first hand about the quality. It seems like a first class suspension system. I like the fact that you can rebuild the joints. my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: Here's what's on order, here's what's left on the list. Opinions?