Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hi lift mount suggestions

Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a P.O.S. Ditched mine after about 2 months.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best mount I've seen is to drill-out the tops of your front tow hooks & install bolts through the tow hooks, then use wing-nuts to tighten down the jack.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Anyone using the Woods kit on a 2-door? Looks like it might be 4-door only from the JeepSWAG site.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I mounted mine on the front stock bumper for now, it looks clean and it can be moved later if needed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	006..jpg
Views:	156
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	70042   Click image for larger version

Name:	007..jpg
Views:	189
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	70043  
Old 05-29-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the river raider on my righ right now. It is great unless you use your jk for domestic purposes too. many times you use the rear cargo area on an unlimited you will have to remove the jack to make stuff fit. I find my-self having to remove the jack once or twice a monto so last night I picked up the Woods Hi-lift mount. It mounts the jack up high, totally out fo the way.
The Jeepswag product requires you to remove the jack to raise or lower a soft top. Boo that son!

The River Raider doees not mess with the soft top at all but yes it gets "kinda" in the way for large stuff in the truck unless you just flip the rear seat forward. It almost sits perfectly parallel to the rear window bar.

I've found the River Raider one to be great so far, but.... When I get a tire carrier, its going on there immediatly.

Quick Reply: Hi lift mount suggestions