Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hid headlights

Old 07-07-2007, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hid headlights

Has anyone out there put in hid's in a jk unlimited. I have a set but having a problem trying to hide or tuck away the ballast.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

I was looking at this today. If your ballast can be mounted remotely(any distance) you might just look at this spot I found. Open your hood and look up underneath the cowel. The area next to your windshield wiper motor has a ton of space. I am thinking about 3m double side adhesiving them to the bottom of the cowel. Running my wires down the passanger side similiar to the driverside's wires. Take a look it should work great if you can mount them remotely.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

If you bought eBay HIDs, and are putting them in the stock lights, I really feel sorry for the people who are driving towards you. If you got a set of lights with decent cutoffs, and can aim them lower, then I would like the maker, because I might want a set as well.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

thanks gear. ill check it out

Quick Reply: hid headlights