Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hitch Installation/Need help

Old 08-10-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitch Installation/Need help

Well this seem to be the story of my life....
I ordered a hitch got in couple of days BUT... come fine out who ever pack it grab the wrong one because the part number was one number off from the right one. Makes a big different in the size of hitch. I call them and they got me the right one sent out the next day.
I open it up and it is the right hitch BUT...... I look at the bolts I have three bolts that are hex nuts and the fourth one never got cut into a hex nut from I guess the factory. So called them again and told them who ever is over inspecting what goes out need glasses. Anyway here my question to you.........

I read on here that one bolt that goes into the passenger side is smaller. I look on the instructions of the hitch and it shows all the bolts are the same size. On this hitch the nuts are welded on it and you thread the bolts thought the cross member of the Jeep then into the nuts on the hitch.

This is a hidden hitch so what gives??????? Is there a bolt that is supposed to be a little smaller.

I can't see if it will fit on the Jeep because it is at the dealers getting the damage they cause while doing some TSB stuff done.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my bolts are the same on the factory hitch. yours probably should be the same.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:52 PM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

If all else fails, take the hitch to the dealer and see if it matches up.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

I recommenf that you do a pre-fit and thread your bolts through. that way you can really see if there is a problem. Chances are the bolts will go right in.

Quick Reply: Hitch Installation/Need help