Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest question wheel adapter

Old 10-24-2016, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honest question wheel adapter

Before you guys roast and call me cheap.... 😂 just got ultimate 60s problem is I don't want to be dead buried in my axle crate boxes so I'm wondering anyone know if 5x5 to 8x6.5 wheel adapters will work with these axles? Ppl say stuff about a 2 piece adapter or something? Any help is appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3664768769.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	659635  
Old 10-24-2016, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/axles...5858?_k=tlzsxx
Old 10-24-2016, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
it said bad request....

I've searched the topic ppl say stuff about bore size not matching I'm so confused

I found a 5x5to 8x6.5 adapter that's also a 2 inch spacer wondering if that would work
Old 10-24-2016, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually question is... is there such thing as an adapter to make my 8 lug axles fit my 5 lug rims? lol
Old 10-25-2016, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

If you want to buy it then someone is making it. With the conversion that you'll have, yes- it will be a two piece system. The first will bolt to your 8 lug and then there is a cover plate (basically) that contains your 5 lug pattern that gets bolted to the 8 lug piece.

Looks to be these are the guys to have a set built for you.

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_adapters.html
Old 10-25-2016, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
If you want to buy it then someone is making it. With the conversion that you'll have, yes- it will be a two piece system. The first will bolt to your 8 lug and then there is a cover plate (basically) that contains your 5 lug pattern that gets bolted to the 8 lug piece. Looks to be these are the guys to have a set built for you. https://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_adapters.html
thanks man, now the only issue is figuring out how far the hubs stick out on front and rear I don't have my axles yet.... dang it if anyone knows how far they stick out chime in thanks
Old 10-25-2016, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, the 2 piece design can work. However, there is a lot of hub to clear and the wheel bore will be too large for a JK wheel. Your 69" wide axles are going to become insanely wide. Basically, I don't see it working and I definitely wouldn't run it on the street that way. A lot of the funky designs you see are used on trail rigs, not daily drivers.

That all said, 8x6.5 is a really popular bolt pattern. Buy some used wheels and you are good to go.

Btw, the wheel bore needs to be 4.96". You'd need a really wide adapter in the rear.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
So, the 2 piece design can work. However, there is a lot of hub to clear and the wheel bore will be too large for a JK wheel. Your 69" wide axles are going to become insanely wide. Basically, I don't see it working and I definitely wouldn't run it on the street that way. A lot of the funky designs you see are used on trail rigs, not daily drivers. That all said, 8x6.5 is a really popular bolt pattern. Buy some used wheels and you are good to go. Btw, the wheel bore needs to be 4.96". You'd need a really wide adapter in the rear.

Thanks I decided to just find some 8 lugs and do it right. All run these till I buy some beadlocks. Thanks! I of course need to mount my 40s on them and get rid of those 35s that came with the wheels lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3342710156.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	659709  
Old 10-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We sell adapters and I have personally ran them. I think they are a good fit in some cases (1.5" max). OE wheels after a lift and larger tire. I am not a fan of trying to hard to make something work. The adapters are out there and if used properly are safe. Once you get to a 2 piece adapter you are now talking a couple to few hundred dollars. That eats up the savings of using wheels you have. It also pushes the wheels out at least another 2 inches which can look cool in some instances, but adds stress to the components at the ends of your axles. All that said I would think the better results would come from taking the money you would spend on adapters towards a proper fitting set of wheels.
Hope this helps. Can you do it yes. Should you do it. Maybe

Quick Reply: Honest question wheel adapter