Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood Lift, has anybody tried these.....

Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Lift, has anybody tried these.....

just wondering if these work well and eliminate the hood flutter. Driving through the mountains last night at 85 mph with the wind blowing and it's pretty sketchy how much it lifts!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/daystar-hood-wrangler-replacement-hood-latches-33058/
Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by husker_shoe
just wondering if these work well and eliminate the hood flutter. Driving through the mountains last night at 85 mph with the wind blowing and it's pretty sketchy how much it lifts!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33058
I got these daystar things. Hood lift is gone. If you get them, dont think something is wrong when you cant close them the first time - its hard. But once you get it, they stretch a touch and are just extra snug (compared to stock) after that.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi

How do you hit 85MPH in the mountains (downhill?). I was happy to maintain the speed limit in the Rockies.

As to the issue, I just removed my spring and haven't seen happen since.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Another solution is to find a couple black zip ties and run them around the OEM rubber that stretches. Just tighten them enough to keep the extra stretch out nd cut off the excess. Lots of us down south have been running like this forever now...$0.10 fix or less.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

I was having similar issues on the highway during windy days. I went with this write-up (see link below) to add some support to the existing seal between the hood and the grill...it worked out great and it cost less than $15 for both the tubing and adhesive.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/hood-lift-fix-7124/
Old 06-11-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup, save your money and just do the Zip-tie solution. It works great, and it's cheap .
Old 06-11-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had them for a month or two with no hood bounce, in my opinion worth the $25.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Clint
Another solution is to find a couple black zip ties and run them around the OEM rubber that stretches. Just tighten them enough to keep the extra stretch out nd cut off the excess. Lots of us down south have been running like this forever now...$0.10 fix or less.
I did this. Oklahoma. Windy almost everyday as of late. It works great. But, you need the longer zip ties (11" I think). Get extras because you'll probably zip and cut one or two too short the first time you do it. You can see them in this image, but they're not at all noticeable once latched:

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 06-11-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Hood Lift, has anybody tried these.....