Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood Lock

Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Lock

Anyone install a hood lock yet on their new JK? Just curious if anyone has pics or what type of lock they bought. Did you have to drill holes anywhere?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I bought the one that 4-Wheel Drive Hardware and Quadratec sell for $19.99. I was kind of disappointed--It wasn't what I was expecting. It doesn't mount to the Jeep at all. It just slips over the end of the "J" hook on the hood and locks. It's not very convenient if you're going to be opening your hood often. I kept it, because I didn't want to pay to ship it back, but I will probably only put it on when I park my Jeep for long periods in very remote areas. Maybe later they'll come out with a better design.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did got the one from Quadratec too. And it wouldn't fit on my JK. I even went down to the dealership to see if it fit a different JK and it did...

But I paid the postage to return it to Quadratec and got my $19.95 back. Very disappointed with the product.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jdrogers
Did got the one from Quadratec too. And it wouldn't fit on my JK. I even went down to the dealership to see if it fit a different JK and it did...

But I paid the postage to return it to Quadratec and got my $19.95 back. Very disappointed with the product.
Yeh, mine didn't fit too good either. I had to loosen the adjustment nut so much, that it's barely held together. If someone really wanted under the hood, I don't think it would take that much to get it open. It really is a lame design.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Thanks guys, you saved me a Jackson.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet that saved me 20 bones. Glad I didn't waste my money

Quick Reply: Hood Lock