Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood Vents (Rubicon and 10th Anniv)

Old 12-24-2020, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hood Vents (Rubicon and 10th Anniv)

Hi--The JK Rubicon and 10th Anniversary hoods have (basically) fake hood vents, with just a 3/4 sq inch drain hole between the engine compartment and the outside air. S&B Filters has solved this problem for newer JL and JT models, but have nothing for JK... Yet... I reached out to S&B Filters and was told that if enough JK owners reach out to them and express an interest in the equivalent scoops for the JK hoods, they'd seriously consider building them.

Benefits are cooler engine temps, cooler intake air, and using their pipe, you can effectively have a ram-air system. Several YouTube videos (such as Beast Projects) claim a very noticeable difference in this cold ram-air intake.

Any interest? Contact S&B Filters!
The following users liked this post:
Agent915 (09-25-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just cut the bottom off the JK vent. Many have already dont this.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nevrnf
Just cut the bottom off the JK vent. Many have already dont this.
This. That's what I did on mine. Then drilled out the holes in the honeycomb for more airflow.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just loooked at those and they are pretty fugly. I'll stick with my free cutout vents.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still searching for a viable aftermarket hood vent(s) for the "other" power dome hood offered on the Altitude package and other various JK packages. I know the vents from daystar won't work. Any other options?

Quick Reply: Hood Vents (Rubicon and 10th Anniv)