Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does this gear pattern look?

Old 05-22-2014, 12:33 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this gear pattern look?

I'm doing gears and I just ran a pattern check. How does it look?
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140522_162503.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	554851Click image for larger version

Name:	20140522_162547.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	554852
Old 05-22-2014, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good to me you can watch this video to kinda get an idea
http://youtu.be/tf9B_O4iYEs Skip to 13:50
Old 05-22-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

pattern looks good to me, working on a set of gears myself
Old 05-23-2014, 05:17 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Thanks guys. I've been gathering up the required tools over the past couple of months to make this job a DIY'er but this by far has been the most difficult mechanical job that I've done to date. For those of you contemplating doing it, BE VERY SURE you have every tool required or that you live near by a tool shop and auto parts store. Another word of advice, make sure you start disassembling nice and early in the day this way if and when you need parts, the stores will be open. I can't emphasize how difficult this is. The worst part is torquing down the pinion nut until you reach proper torque value. Luckily I had a 4 foot 4" wide heavy gauge steel bar and an acetylyn torch. I had to make my own flange bracket in order to torque down the pinion nut. I've got a very powerful Ingersol Rand impact gun and that was nowhere near enough to crush the sleeve and set the bearings. Another good idea would be to go ahead and order new axle seals and bearings for the rear. Something got wonky upon the axle removal and the bearing and seal was damaged. In my case I went ahead and swapped out the handbrake shoes with new install kits also. Good thing because my passenger side bracket which the handbrake cable is connected to was completely seized up and this is something that can't be seen until everything is apart. It's now been about 22hrs since the start of the job and I still have about 2hrs until I finalize everything. Then I do the front....

Quick Reply: How does this gear pattern look?