Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How to find tire width law?

Old 01-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to find tire width law?

I wish to put larger tires on my Jeep at some point, just like most everyone else does.

I am wondering how large of a tire i am allowed to have by law for my local? I have been searching the DMV site and Googling to no avail. I could just give up and call the State police i guess, but i would rather have something in writing. I am mostly concerned with how far they are aloud to stick out from my wheel wells before i am going to attract a "fix it" ticket. My job places me in close proximity to police & people of the "official" type, sooner or later someone is going to notice & I just dont need the hassle.

Does anyone have a clue where to find out this type of info?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call the Sheriffs department or County Police depending on where you live. You cold also try a few local 4WD shops, I'm sure they have the info
Old 01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree..

its not a tire width issue,,

its a tire coverage.... the reason for bigger fender flares.

Move to Ohio.. we have no tire coverage laws..

Quick Reply: How to find tire width law?