Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how tall?

Old 02-21-2007, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how tall?

does anyone know how high in inches will the 4in superlift and 37in tires will put the jk at. from the ground to the top of the hard top. the parking garage my wife works at is only 80in. max. any help out there on this? thanx
Old 02-21-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

I know its going to be close. the book says the rubi is 70in tall but we measured today and its more like 72in plus 6.5 thats 78.5in. I really want the 4in lift and 37s but thats a lot of cash if it doesnt fit into the parking garage.I was hopeing somebody had done this allready to have a real number.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I someone would be kind enough to pull out a tape measurer and get this measurement I would greatly appreciate it also. Measure it at the front and rear of the hard top please as they will probably be different.

And I'd also like to put a call out to anyone with 35" tires and either a 3 or 4 inch lift to do the same. If the results could be posted on a single thread I believe a lot of folks are interested in the same answer, garage door heights will be different for everyone, depending on door style and how far up they roll if a panel type.

I know that when I had my Chevy HD, I put 35" BFG's on it, airbags on the rear axle and cranked the front torsion bars, and I just barely fit in my garage, and I had to adjust the roll up door to pull in more to clear it. My measurement is about 81.5" clearance, but my driveways heaves about an inch in the wintertime, so I can't be more than 80".

Any help on this thread is appreciated.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Teraflex 4" suspension system with adj. control arms and 325/85/16 procomp extreme a/t's (37x13.50) and a hard top and at the front of the top I measure about 78" and on the back I measure about 81" that is without the spare tire mounted my tire weighs alot so it might sag a bit with it on but I can't say for sure. I have a 8' garage door and I clear by quite a ways but I think even with a 7' garage door I would be able to sqeeze it in with a few inches to spare. I hope that helps
Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Bone Digger I have a quick question for you. Did the adjustable control arms help any with wandering on the road. I just had the front adj. uppers installed and haven't had a chance to drive it. My caster angle is now at 5.6 degrees. This is the most the aligment shop could get squezze it. Do you know what your caster angle is?
Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Pemberton
Hey Bone Digger I have a quick question for you. Did the adjustable control arms help any with wandering on the road. I just had the front adj. uppers installed and haven't had a chance to drive it. My caster angle is now at 5.6 degrees. This is the most the aligment shop could get squezze it. Do you know what your caster angle is?
Sorry to hijack the thread.
I don't know what my caster angle is. As for wandering it doesn't exist this thing rides really nice no death wobble either just a nice clean ride.
to: RedRocRubi; sorry for the tangent
Old 02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

I've got the Superlift 4" and 37" Goodyear MTR's. Mine is a soft top, so I measered to the top of the windshield frame. I got roughly 76".
Old 02-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor

I have the 4" SuperLift & 37" Krawlers. It is an akward thing to try to measure by yourself, but I'd say it was 78-79" at the higherst point of the roof. Definitely below 80".

The Krawlers are a true 37" tall tire, most are about 36". My sliders are off right now and I do not have a full size spare nor a steel rear bumper on. All in all I'd say you're safe. But keep the speed down
Old 02-22-2007, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the replys,I think I'll drive my wife to work tomarrow and check the height myself. if its only 1in or so it aint worth it, its taken for ever to get a Rubi so I'll play it safe.

Quick Reply: how tall?