Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Husky Liners or Mopar Tire Tread Mats???

Old 03-14-2007, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only issue with the husky liners is that there are no grooves for the snow and salt and mud to melt into, therefor if its really wet out, and you dotn empty them or let them dry, you get went pant cuffs. I wish there was a hybrid of the two designs.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

you could buy both and put the mopar tire tread inside of the husky floor liners.

i hae the husky ones and the only problem i have had is that the rear ones (on a 4 door) almost flew out with the doors off. they dont have a notch like the front.

Last edited by gjeepguy; 03-14-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Lemay427
which one would you all recommend for keeping all the water/mud off the carpet. i am going to get the rear cargo mat from husky, just not sure on the front mats.
I have both, We bought the mopar ones first.They dont hold the slush like the Huskys..

I'll sell you my used set if you decided to with them. They look cool, but are not pratical for Ohio winters!!

The husky has more coverage in the front.. the rears on the two door looks silly, but Mopar doesnt even make them..
Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the husky floor mats now and I am going to say get the mopar ones. I actually already ordered some to replace the huskys. When the huskys get any kind of mud or water on them they get really slick, I also dont like the feel of the mats when they are dry, they scrath easy and feel more like plastic than rubber. The Huskys do fit extremely well and have some side protection agianst runnoff. I bet they do trap water better than the mopar ones but imo its still not enough. The mopar ones don't have the side protection but they do have grooves that will trap a lot of water and mud. I could care less about looks, the mopar ones have a unique design but the huskys match the interior door trim. They both look good imo.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Default mopar

I have the Mopar slush mats and i love them, they look really cool and work great for me. I dont know what you guys are doing to get so much mud and slow inside, if my shoes are packed i just grab the stearing wheel throw my butt into the seat and click my feet together while they are hangin outside to get the big stuff off then swing them in. I've always done this even with old carpet style floor mats on my older 4x4's and never get the carpet wet. I thought thats why they padded the roll bars, broncos dont have any padding and yes it hurts when you crack the back of your head off of metal at full jump mode with no padding.
Get whatever you like or works best for you and enjoy the ride.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Can someone please post pics of the 2-DOOR rear husky liners?

Everyone is talking about how small and ridiculous they look, but I haven't seen any pics. Much appreciated in advance. You guys are the best.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the Mopar mats, and I would say that they work well for me. I don't trudge through any snow though, so I can't guess how much water they hold. They don't get slippery when they are wet though. They are very sturdy, and definitely don't move.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

I have the mopar in the front and the husky for the cargo area. The husky is very nice, fits perfectly. The front mopars are nice also. The only problem is with the mopar mats in the second row, they tend to want to blow out of the car at speeds above 45 mph. There is nothing attaching them to the floor. The front mats attach to the floor and will not blow out. Have not had any problems with the rear husky cargo mat either.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the mopar and love them.now i live in Florida so the only thing the hold is sand and a fine job they do.also they are the most comment thing on the inside of the jeep #2 is the rock shifter knob.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

i am going to go with the husky fronts and rear cargo mat and then put some cheap rear slush mats from walmart in the front. figured this would give me the non slick feel and still offer optimal water protection.

Quick Reply: Husky Liners or Mopar Tire Tread Mats???