Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydraulic Bump Stops

Old 09-30-2015, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Bump Stops

I currently am running the OME 2" with heavy duty rated coils. I am thinking about getting the teraflex speedbump bump stop kit as I do a lot of off roading on the beach. I just wanna make sure since the coils are rated for some 18,000 pounds I won't be wasting my money by getting the bumpstops if the coils aren't going to compress as easily. Might be a stupid question, but I'm not trying to spend $500 for something I won't get the full potential out of
Old 09-30-2015, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeephippy
I currently am running the OME 2" with heavy duty rated coils. I am thinking about getting the teraflex speedbump bump stop kit as I do a lot of off roading on the beach. I just wanna make sure since the coils are rated for some 18,000 pounds I won't be wasting my money by getting the bumpstops if the coils aren't going to compress as easily. Might be a stupid question, but I'm not trying to spend $500 for something I won't get the full potential out of
For a 100 bucks more you can get true hydraulic bumpstops that are tunable. But im sure speedbumps will work fine with those coils.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maertz
For a 100 bucks more you can get true hydraulic bumpstops that are tunable. But im sure speedbumps will work fine with those coils.
What bumpstops are you referring to?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

The best in the business...the end all be all...the KING of shocks.

BUMP STOPS « King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Bypass Shocks, Adjustable Coil Over Shocks, Air Shocks, UTV Shocks, Jeep Shocks, Pre-Runner Shocks, Adjustable Shocks, and Bump Stops
Old 10-06-2015, 09:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was referring to hydraulic bumstops. Im personally getting foa as there a much better deal imo and they have worked well with some of my wheeling buddies.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

I also wasn't keen on the higher cost bumpstops, strictly from a "bang for buck" perspective I opted for the Pro Comp EXPMX2040B

Couldn't be happier with their performance, however I fear they might not last as long as I had hoped. After a few months, they are getting a bit weak and beat up. I suspect ill be changing them at the same interval as my shocks.

Quick Reply: Hydraulic Bump Stops