Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hydraulic Bump Stops Compared to Standard

Old 12-10-2021, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Hydraulic Bump Stops Compared to Standard

Benefit of running hydro bump stops for trails, rock crawling, back roads, etc? I understand the concept of them dampening axle slap during high speed applications but seems tons of folks are using them on basic trail rigs.

I like the fact they are adjustable and look trick but what's the real world expectation?
Old 12-10-2021, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts

I have hydro bump stops but have very little experience with them. I’m only using them since the Jeep came with the crappy teraflex foam can bumps and the mount for rubber bumps were cut during the teraflex bumps install.

However, I do like that the bumps cushion the Jeep when coming off of a rock that’s more than a foot tall. I cannot comment on other factors since I have very little use of them to this point.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking It's a nice upgrade

I have been in rigs with them installed and running down the trail is a lot nicer if you happen to hit a big hole in the road or rock that you did not see. Where the stock bump stops still work you feel and hear the bang of the hit on the axels, these will not do that, they give so it is a smoother release of the impact, and as @SV_Dude stated, they do make a difference coming off the bigger rocks.
I have only wheeled a few trails in GA myself and do not remember any really big rocks, more hills, and red mud ,) but if you are getting the "Big Bang" when bottoming out, make the change, it will make your back feel just a little bit better after that big hit.

Last edited by RRien07; 12-16-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Hydraulic Bump Stops Compared to Standard