Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hydro Assist (WTO) Steering Feel & Return to Center

Old 11-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I would assume a fair amount of people with hydro have a tuner for tire and gear ratio correction, if so you can turn your idle up. I have mine set at 1000 and it drives much better, I works assume it souls help with the increased flow needed for the larger ram.
I've thought about doing this ( I idle at 600rpm ) but it really only presents itself on the rare instance I want to park in a very tight parking spot where I lock right or left and then have to straighten out without moving very much. I don't see this symptom when crawling as I'm in 4LO and so the rpms are already higher at a given throttle pedal position.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TweakJK
On the poor steering at idle topic, mine was terrible, but I run a 1.75x8" ram which is larger than most.

A PSC pump cleared that right up.

The stock pump does OK with smaller rams.
X2 for me too. No problems for a year on 40s with a stock (WTO rebuilt) gear and the PSC pump and reservoir.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I would assume a fair amount of people with hydro have a tuner for tire and gear ratio correction, if so you can turn your idle up. I have mine set at 1000 and it drives much better, I works assume it souls help with the increased flow needed for the larger ram.
I was unaware that you could do this. My tuner (hypertech) wont do this. I imagine it wouldnt work well with an auto.

Quick Reply: Hydro Assist (WTO) Steering Feel & Return to Center