Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I am looking for a total suspension rebuild

Old 11-19-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any spring worth having is going to sag under heavy load. You might want to consider air bags in what ever rear spring you get. AIR LIFT 1000 Air Springs
Old 11-19-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I know the FT lift comes with everything you need (except shocks)

Is the Trailmaster complete with adjusable arms and track bars?
No neither kit has adjustable arms or trackbars thats not something i want..more moving parts mean more things that can brake or go wrong.

its more the price for the trailmaster kit. Any kit this high will need new drive lines so that adds extra cost. this kit includes it all

Seems that Full traction lift kits are of the higher quality. or the Fabtech kits <--- i wish!!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jeeplover333
No neither kit has adjustable arms or trackbars thats not something i want..more moving parts mean more things that can brake or go wrong.

its more the price for the trailmaster kit. Any kit this high will need new drive lines so that adds extra cost. this kit includes it all

Seems that Full traction lift kits are of the higher quality. or the Fabtech kits <--- i wish!!
No, the ultimate does have adjustable control arm and trackbars.

Adjustable arms will make it drive properly at that height. If you have a 4 door, 6 speed. You should be able to get away with out driveshafts for now.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
Any spring worth having is going to sag under heavy load. You might want to consider air bags in what ever rear spring you get. AIR LIFT 1000 Air Springs
this is a great idea if i can find a set of these that are rated for 4 to 5" of lift i am going to add them into my next lift
Old 11-19-2009, 09:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
No, the ultimate does have adjustable control arm and trackbars.

Adjustable arms will make it drive properly at that height. If you have a 4 door, 6 speed. You should be able to get away with out driveshafts for now.
i have the 2 door and do some extreme rock crawling so i will need the new drive lines for sure,

i will probably end up with the full traction lift possibly with airbags in the back

these aftermarket coils must be made stronger than the stock ones right? i mean they must know people are going to add steal bumpers and be carrying heavier than normal loads
Old 11-20-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

my coils are 3 years old with a 35 and now a 37's mounted for that long, they have never moved

with a 2 door, your right new drivelines and adjustable arm(s) needed
Old 11-20-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you have a 2 door, I'd say get the FT kit you're looking at, but ask them if they can send it with the rear springs for a 4-dr. They are rated for a heavier load, and may give you that little bit of oomph that you need in the rear to make things right for you!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Teraflex 3" Full flex arm kit will clear your 35's plenty.... its a great kit for both on and off road, and if you find that the spring rate is not what you want for all the rear load weight you want, then get some air assist bags for the rear and call it good... nice thing about this setup is that you have total control of everything. you put a "stiffer" spring in and the weight isnt there it will ride like crap. JMO good luck
Old 11-20-2009, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go AEV 4.5" just because they are using a progressive spring so that when you are carrying loads it doesn't sag and bottom out, while at the same time providing a soft ride on the highway.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Default Skyjacker?

what about Skyjacker 5" or 7" long arm lift kits?? why are they so cheep?? is this a matter of you get what you pay for??

Quick Reply: I am looking for a total suspension rebuild