JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   I have Mopar 2" liftkit problem (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/i-have-mopar-2-liftkit-problem-326826/)

tarioqi 10-04-2015 08:16 AM

I have Mopar 2" liftkit problem

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,

I have a rubicon with mopar 2" liftkit with fox shocks that i installed recently.

I went to a mountainous trail for the first time with the jeep and one of the rear shock absorber upper pin broke and the other one was bend. I contacted fox and they replaced the pin.

Have any of you experienced this? Why would it happen?

It came to me that they might fitted longer coils or something.

So I went to the dealer to check if there is something wrong with the kit but they said that all components are fitted correctly and they compared the car to another jeep with the same kit and the height measurements are similar.

Can anyone please with a similar setup on a 2doors wrangler tell me what's the height of the car after the lift so i can see that i didn't get longer lift.

Your help is really appreciated because i am afraid now that i am gonna put in the same situation again.

brankz 10-04-2015 08:33 AM

I never seen that happen before

Pape 10-04-2015 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by tarioqi (Post 4148739)
Hello everyone,

I have a rubicon with mopar 2" liftkit with fox shocks that i installed recently.

I went to a mountainous trail for the first time with the jeep and one of the rear shock absorber upper pin broke and the other one was bend. I contacted fox and they replaced the pin.

Have any of you experienced this? Why would it happen?

It came to me that they might fitted longer coils or something.

So I went to the dealer to check if there is something wrong with the kit but they said that all components are fitted correctly and they compared the car to another jeep with the same kit and the height measurements are similar.

Can anyone please with a similar setup on a 2doors wrangler tell me what's the height of the car after the lift so i can see that i didn't get longer lift.

Your help is really appreciated because i am afraid now that i am gonna put in the same situation again.

Make sure your bump stop are still in place

zstairlessone 10-04-2015 12:23 PM

The way it sits it looks like the damage was done on extension, are you sure the shocks are long enough? Maybe an extension will help.

TheDirtman 10-04-2015 04:37 PM

I would check pump stops as well, were you driving fast and bottoming out the suspension? Post up some photos of the bump stops and shocks with the jeep at rest and if you can post up some lengths of the shock shaft showing at rest and the distance between the bump stop and bump pad.

kjeeper10 10-05-2015 02:00 AM

Did they forget to tighten the bolts?

j_w_thames 10-11-2015 09:25 PM

What happened with this, OP? Did you get it sorted out? Thanks.