Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have questions who has answers

Old 02-13-2007, 12:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as the sticker goes. Certain things are standard items like the soft top. When you upgrade to say the hard top then the soft top gets deleted. You have to choose the dual top to get both. Same goes for tires, etc. When you upgrade tires and rims the ones listed under standard options get deleted.

They can only void your warranty on items that may break due to your mods. Big tires for instance will probably void the warranty on your axles if they break.
Some areas may be gray and it will vary from dealer to dealer. Some dealers are a little more friendly to lifts than others. After all DC pays them to fix these items so they want your business.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rubimon

So I should check with my local dealer before doin a lift.
What transfer case do you have with those 35s and what lift do you have. I have the same color x and it looks really good.
Thanks
Old 02-13-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DTCVTC
Rubimon

So I should check with my local dealer before doin a lift.
What transfer case do you have with those 35s and what lift do you have. I have the same color x and it looks really good.
Thanks
I have the Rubicon so the transfer case is the 4-1, the gears are 4.10 and the 3" Full Traction Economy lift. If you were to go the route of the economy lifts make sure you get the front adj track bar and front adj control arms so you can properly adj you steering. I am currently adding those items. I have such little caster angle that my steering wanders some. (or alot)

As far as asking your dealer, it may be okay, but they may want to do the lift and charge you a bunch to do it. Take what they say with a grain of salt and then pass the info back on to the forum for advice. You may get all types of answers from the dealership " It won't be warranted unless we do it, " etc. If you are mechanically inclined you and a friend or fellow jeeper could do it with the help of Eddie's write-ups on project-JK. The good part about doing it yourself is it helps you learn your Jeep and there is a level of satisfaction from doing it yourself.

Do a search on this forum for threads about voided warranties. It will help ease your mind on that.

Hope I was helpful!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put BFG's on 285/70-17 on my stock Jeep wheels and I have a little rub on the front stabilizer, BFG's 32.8 tall, stock tires were 30.8. I will get some new rims to get the tire to stop the rubbing. Looking at the Cragar 342.
http://www.quadratec.com/sb/2007_Jee.../jk_wheels.htm

My Jeep dealer tells me if I do a lift kit on my on that they might not cover my warranty if something happens in that area. Wheels spacers to me is just something that can brake and I dont need that if I’m out have fun.

This is a handy page I found

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

Good Luck

Quick Reply: I have questions who has answers