Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I need some input....

Old 05-25-2008, 04:49 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some input....

So as a good boy I searched the forum for some feed back on the Magnaflow, Borla catback systems and basically saw that besides making the engine louder is of little or no benefit to do the mod, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm toying with the idea of doing a catback system as a new garage has opened up and a mechanic who worked for Meineki (spell??) some years showed me some of his work and well, I'm impressed, but again if it's only for looks and zero performance well I may keep the money and maybe buy some ABS half doors or the Best Element tube doors.....

Anyone who can steer me in the right direction would be appreciated it, and one more thing....those who used the mirror relocating device that plugs the door, any problems with it?..thanks in advance....
Old 05-25-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my guy do a Borla muffler under the driver seat . I got more power, better sound and all for just $200.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Jedi

Horsepower improvements will be minimal, these days manufacturers do a pretty good job of getting maximum power from stock systems, and still meeting noise requirements. That said, your best results would be with an exhaust, air intake, and power programmer, but that will be around $1000 for a nice but not incredible power boost. It is subjective whether it is worth the investment or not.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:00 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
I had my guy do a Borla muffler under the driver seat . I got more power, better sound and all for just $200.
thanks for the quick reply, this mechanic says that Flowmasters is comparable with Magnaflow and Borla , years ago I used Magnaflow on my rice rocket and had it Dyno'd 8hp more but at high RPM's which I think it wouldn't help the JK as is meant to be driven......did you increase the diameter of the piping?...thanks again
Old 05-25-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would stay away from the dual exhaust. Seems it reduces power somewhat from I've read on here. That cooltech guy seems to have a nice kit. I wish he would come up with a one piece stainless tailpipe option. I know it would jack the cost up, but I'd probably get one then.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I would stay away from the dual exhaust. Seems it reduces power somewhat from I've read on here.

I agree, seems to hurt the low-end torque even though high rpm HP numbers may be good.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like my Magnaflo.............

Quick Reply: I need some input....