Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

i want a wild boar rack!

Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want a wild boar rack!

i'm trying to find a good, dependable site to order a wild boar fastback roof rack from. quadratec, 4wd.com, alpha expedition, and northridge don't seem to carry them (unless i'm overlooking it somehow)

can someone please tell me where you can get this rack and (if possible) what experience you had with the dealer?

thanks y'all!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 02:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by seacebeod
i'm trying to find a good, dependable site to order a wild boar fastback roof rack from. quadratec, 4wd.com, alpha expedition, and northridge don't seem to carry them (unless i'm overlooking it somehow)

can someone please tell me where you can get this rack and (if possible) what experience you had with the dealer?

thanks y'all!!!

This link came up with: http://www.wildboarproducts.com/.

Their hard tops are wiked cool.

Last edited by Robar; 09-06-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wild Boar customer service sucks, so just know that....

My story is too long to explain but I bought a hard top and had to refuse shipment because it came damaged (broke sunroofs and damage to the fiberglass, had to argue to get another one sent (another 5 weeks wait on top of the previous 7 weeks). The second top came scratched up but i took it. They had Zero instructions on how to install there Cheap hardware. they said they would send me touch up paint, never did.

I had to argue to get my thousand dollars refunded back to me for the difference in the sunroof top and the non sunroof that I ended up with.. Took them 37 days to refund me after I was forced to file a complaint with my credit card company.

The top leaked in several places and the fit was not at all factory..... Piss poor customer service, terrible packaging and the women I had to deal with always had an attitude.

My buddy had a similar experience with a bumper he ordered..... he was not happy at the end either...

Sorry to rant on ur thread, but just know that if you have any issues they Suck!

Last edited by RyanBlack321; 09-06-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Agree on the "terrible" CS from C***s at WB. Had the top (very nice) and sold it as I am awaiting the new Flippac top from adventure trailers.

I still have my rack with 2 custom made cross bars whch will hold a tent. Also have the basket but it needs a hinge welded on if you want the swing open feature. I'll make someone a great deal on the rack, basket, and 2 load bars. Pick up only as a complete unit (would be a bear to take apart) in Phoenix, AZ. I'm near Westworld.

PM if interested.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

We bought a Wild Boar rack for my daughter's (TigerLily) 2 door. Since we were in a hurry and Wild Boar is local, we picked up the kit at their warehouse. Getting home we found some parts missing from the kit and one of the tubes bent. After calling WB they offered to assemble and install the rack for free if we would come back to their warehouse.

When we went to their place they needed to rumage through 3-4 rack kits to find a complete setup. After about 4 hours they had it all togther and installed. It's been fine ever since.

Based on this experience I would be cautious mail ordering one of their kits without being able to inspect it carefully first. Although I was able to get my problems resolved quickly, it was probably only because I was standing in the middle of their warehouse and consequently difficult to ignore.

I like their stuff but they seem to have a difficult time getting quality products from their contract manufacturers and dealing with the inevitable customer problems that result. These problems are all solvable but it takes a lot of work, skill and of course cash - a combintation that they may not be able to muster.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, that was nice that you could go there....... They were very lucky I was stuck in Florida.... I had a total near 3 month bad experiment with them....

The hardware that came with mine was hardware you could find on the hardware section at Target, all crap.... They even state in the ad for the top that the defroster on the rear window was plug in play, bull crap... I had to find the live wire on the factory harness and splice it to the live wire on the top harness. the plug that is attached to the top in no where near a match to the factory top....

When I told them about mine leaking in numerous spots their reply was, "Man, even the factory top leaks its a part of having a Jeep."

I have yet to have a leak in my factory hard top! Needless to say I sold my top and will never deal with the piss poor customer service.

My buddies bumper came in all scuffed up upon delivery. The bumper was in a box and THAT was it.. no wrapping, plastic, bubble wrap, nothing... bare bumper in the box with a harware bag torn open and hardware spread out in the box... It was a giant 100 pound rattle......

I am surprised that they still are in business.....

Last edited by RyanBlack321; 09-07-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

I know I would have gone nuts if I wasn't able to go there and get the problems fixed.

My daughter hasn't had her factory hard top leak either - and she lives in the rainiest part of the continental US with over a 100 inches a rain a year. Glad you were able to find someone that was happy to have the WB top. WBs excuse is simply unacceptable to me.

Our LoD bomper came bolted securely inside a strong wooden frame. No problem in shipping. I find it amazing that they would just throw a heavy item like a bumper in a box and expect it to arrive at its destination intact. Packaging is an integral part of any design and can't be left as an afterthought.

As I said, some of their designs are great, it's too bad they can't follow through.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Default wow...

i didn't realize all of the problems that wild boar has!!

customer service...quality...packaging...

well, it looks like i may be switching over to gobi

thanks for all the help!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seacebeod
i didn't realize all of the problems that wild boar has!!

customer service...quality...packaging...

well, it looks like i may be switching over to gobi

thanks for all the help!

I even asked Ch**s at WB to be sure to confirm all parts on my rack were there since I did not need it urgently while awaiting the top. He said they would but upon receipt it was obvious they did no such thing. Also over a year ago he said they would be pumping out some new roof top tent top but as we all no it's not here yet. Don't trust em unless they get a new owner or apologize to us all and commit to fixing their act. VERY POOR CS for such a nice top.

Quick Reply: i want a wild boar rack!