Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ICON Vehicle Dynamics Coilovers

Old 03-24-2013, 09:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've been doing a lot of research on my next mod, coilovers! It's a hell of a lot of money so I've been looking high and low for all of the information I can possibly get. So far I think I'm going with the EVO bolt-on kit...however!

I saw a video of the ICON Vehicle Dynamics rig running their kit. I was extremely impressed.

ICON Vehicle Dynamics Jeep JK Coilover Testing - YouTube

After searching everywhere for info on this kit I finally messaged them on FaceBook and they gave me the following info and the permission to release it here.

Their system is going to be a complete bolt-on kit, front and rear. The rear will require an exhaust mod so most likely is going to be set up similar to the RECON kit. They were not sure about final pricing yet but mentioned that the front and rear will both be around $2,200. It will be adjustable from 1 to 4 inches. 3 to 4 inches will require link arms and a few other additional parts. They're hoping that the pricing will be finished by the end of the week. They've got a full system out there running around somewhere and of course..."it rides like a dream on all terrains".

The video is pretty impressive by itself but it's interesting to see another company putting up some possible competition.

Last edited by scooby snacks; 03-25-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went by the ICON booth at Sema and the kit looked amazing. I am running the Recon kit on my 2011JKU and I like it. Just need to get the springs and valving dialed in for desert speed. The main draw back with the recon kit is the SUPER long wait for the king shocks, 2 months if your lucky.

I had Icons coil overs on my 2011 Tacoma and loved them.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2200 for front and rear or 2200 each so 4400 total? im assuming 4400 total...

Last edited by Maertz; 03-25-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Anybody see the spare tire about to go tumbling down the road?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maertz
2200 for front and rear or 2200 each so 4400 total? im assuming 4400 total...
That's correct although the price was not firm and they didn't say what comes with the kit.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

I've used there stuff before and it is all topnotch. I've been using their stuff since they were under the Donahue Racing name. I've only used their stuff for the big trucks- F250 superduty/ Excursion. It is all well designed and functions fabulously. I've considered looking into their stuff for the JK as well.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

I'm really thinking that I'm going to hang on and see what their full kit offers. I wanted to avoid spending cash on a new exhaust but if it's worth it then it's worth it. The video really amazed me, I want an all around good rig, speed and crawling ability. This may just provide it. Even if the spare almost falls off.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 PM
JK Newbie

In doing more searching of the internets I found an article WOL put out from the 2012 SEMA show. It does look like a pretty nice system and someone else on WOL also pointed out that the rear is set up very similar to RECON.

2012 SEMA Icon Vehicle Dynamics White 4-Door Jeep JK Wrangler

Last edited by Ryan0260; 03-26-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

My general rule of thumb is go with what's known. JKs have been around for 6 years now. Evo has designed and built a system then updated and refined it. They've gotten feedback from hundreds and hundreds of owners. Add to that, King is at the top of the hill, so you get what you pay for.
Do it right the first time and you never have regrets. Be a guinea pig for someone to save a couple bucks and you'll earn every penny you saved.
Good luck!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nwapache
My general rule of thumb is go with what's known. JKs have been around for 6 years now. Evo has designed and built a system then updated and refined it. They've gotten feedback from hundreds and hundreds of owners. Add to that, King is at the top of the hill, so you get what you pay for.
Do it right the first time and you never have regrets. Be a guinea pig for someone to save a couple bucks and you'll earn every penny you saved.
Good luck!
I really keep leaning that direction. Quick question, for your bolt on kit, do the coilovers have remote res?

Quick Reply: ICON Vehicle Dynamics Coilovers