Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

if i were to replace my gears..

Old 11-30-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i were to replace my gears..

If i were to buy some stock 4.1 gears, what else would I need in order to replace my 3.73s? seals, oil, etc etc?

Thx
Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Couple questions...What tire size do you plan on runnin that you would like to change gears? With that what tranny do you have? If you are doing it to get better performance with bigger tires I can tell you from experience that 4.10s aren't going to be enough. But to answer your main question...you can get an overhaul kit from northridge4x4 and after talkin to dave that should be all you need short of fluids.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

>>What tire size do you plan on runnin that you would like to change gears?

I have my stock 32s now, and have been looking at 33s. I will not upgrade to 35s (if i ever do) for at least 2+ years

>>With that what tranny do you have?

6speed manual

I live in a pretty hilly area of socal, and feel the 4.10s may save me a few extra downshifts + the jeep just still feels sluggish even tho I've hit 3k miles.

also, will switching out the gears have any affect on my track-loc lsd?

Quick Reply: if i were to replace my gears..