JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   impatient.... (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/impatient-103570/)

chickenman 10-01-2009 05:29 AM

impatient....

So I have the OME HD lift now with 33's ..... how bad would i b screwed if i put my 35's on without control arms.... i plan on getting them put on soon:yup: hopefully when i do the gears and stuff

Free reign on opinions......

joey2times 10-01-2009 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by chickenman (Post 1362612)
So I have the OME HD lift now with 33's ..... how bad would i b screwed if i put my 35's on without control arms.... i plan on getting them put on soon:yup: hopefully when i do the gears and stuff

Free reign on opinions......

I had 35's on mine with no changes and I was fine... but if I started to wheel her I would hit my rubi rails....

If I put 5 people in the truck I would hit the rails...

I ended up cutting them 3 inches...

Now if you put in those rear lower ? I think ?
in then you might not have to cut the rails at all....
but I had to cut mine because I dont have control arms... YET! :) WOOHOO

chickenman 10-01-2009 05:38 AM

Hey man congrats on the win:clap::clap:

I trimmed the pinch seam and rails yesterday getting ready for this weekend:yup:

I have gears, diff covers , other odds-n-ends next week plus i am getting a BL for some extra lift:ya: thanks for the insight

jkkat 10-01-2009 06:08 AM

<--has yet to use anything besides stock arms

smcastillo 10-01-2009 07:46 AM

JKKAT, you may have only used stock arms but the OP has twice the lift you are running, so he is in a whole different situation.

nthinuf 10-01-2009 07:48 AM

The need to adjust castor is based on lift height, not tire height. You may want to toe in a bit, and you may have more issues with rubbing, but the flightyness/bumpsteer/etc should remain unchanged.

jeepmedic 10-01-2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by chickenman (Post 1362627)

I have gears, diff covers , other odds-n-ends next week plus i am getting a BL for some extra lift:ya: thanks for the insight

What gear ratio did you go with ?

chickenman 10-01-2009 10:14 AM

ordered the 5.13's from david, figured since i will be swapping the 33's and 35's in and out :what?::crazyeyes: they would be good... will know more next week after i get them installed:clap:

m(a)ce 10-01-2009 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by joey2times (Post 1362617)
I had 35's on mine with no changes and I was fine... but if I started to wheel her I would hit my rubi rails....

If I put 5 people in the truck I would hit the rails...

I ended up cutting them 3 inches...

Now if you put in those rear lower ? I think ?
in then you might not have to cut the rails at all....
but I had to cut mine because I dont have control arms... YET! :) WOOHOO

Looking forward to seeing you guys @ RC this weekend. :ya:

My experience: since the BFGs are a little smaller they have so far cleared my Unlimited's rubi rails and pinch seam. looks close but clears. DtownJK is running a similar setup and I'm pretty sure his clear the rails/pinchseam. I think Joe's shoes are bigger so he had to chop. You'll want to slap on some extended bumpstops F&R if you don't have them already.

As noted earlier it will be totally driveable with the 35s... the flightiness just feels slightly more pronounced to me. I have TF front lowers on order so we'll see if that helps.

08leocon 10-01-2009 12:47 PM

I think i read that WOL put front upper adjustable control arms on cindy's JK, you might want to send him a PM, im sure he can give you real life advice:yup: