Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Improving Ride Quality

Old 12-30-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kojack
Thing is you don't need d60s and long arms to have an awesome off roader. putting anything over 2" of lift without anything to correct geometry is not advised. You have 5" of lift according to what you have on your rig. why all the lift? 35" on a 2.5" lift is a great setup. I would remove what you installed. sell it, get a good quality 2.5" lift, and enjoy a jeep that can go very far off road and still maintain on road ride quality.
I wheeled with the TF BB spacers, shock extenders, cheap disconnects and bigger tires on stock rims for two years. Never had any problems! I'm a firm believer that these JK's don't need more than 2.5" of lift, maybe a 1" body lift on top of that. Hope you get it figured out OP!
Old 12-30-2015, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SOAZ JK
I wheeled with the TF BB spacers, shock extenders, cheap disconnects and bigger tires on stock rims for two years. Never had any problems! I'm a firm believer that these JK's don't need more than 2.5" of lift, maybe a 1" body lift on top of that. Hope you get it figured out OP!
I am pretty well on that setup now. with better shocks.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd bet dollars to donuts your issue is your rear driveshaft. That much lift tears them up. I have 3" of lift that has sagged to probably 2.75" and I still go through them every few years. Until you can properly rotate the axle and correct that, you'll keep killing the stock driveshafts. With your extra lift in front, you run a good risk of killing the front one when you're using it offroad as well. Mine is a 2 door though, and if your's is a 4 door, you do get a little bit more leeway in the amount of lift, but check it out.

Quick Reply: Improving Ride Quality