Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Install Time

Old 09-22-2009, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install Time

OK so Im tring to get a idea how long it will take me to install a teraflex 2.5" coil lift and a adj front track bar.
This will be the first lift my friend and i have ever done but he is a mechanic and ill beable to use air tools and a lift. So how long will it take? no breaks straight through. Thanks for the help
Old 09-22-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cunningwolf09jk
OK so Im tring to get a idea how long it will take me to install a teraflex 2.5" coil lift and a adj front track bar.
This will be the first lift my friend and i have ever done but he is a mechanic and ill beable to use air tools and a lift. So how long will it take? no breaks straight through. Thanks for the help
It took me and a buddy about 5 hrs of working steady but not in a hurry.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:25 AM
c90dan

I installed the Teraflex 2.5 with shocks by myself. Took about 8 hours. It's not difficult, just a lot of work. I didn't do track bars and I have air tools. The lift use will help a lot! Have fun.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if this is your first time at it, expect it to take about 6-8 hours. if you have all the right tools, know exactly what to do, divide up the work and work efficiently, you can easily get it done in half the time.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have installed three TF 2.5" Coil lifts so far. It takes about 4-4.5hours by yourself, a little faster with a friend.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
if this is your first time at it, expect it to take about 6-8 hours. if you have all the right tools, know exactly what to do, divide up the work and work efficiently, you can easily get it done in half the time.
Good advise and I would add; "read the TeraFlex instructions twice before starting...and follow their format and process to the T!!!!
It took me about 4-5 the first time and 3-4 hours the second time. Good luck, Ben
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

also, if you haven't already seen it, this write-up should help you out some:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

more help can be found here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-jk-write-ups
Old 09-22-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all your imput

Quick Reply: Install Time