Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed 2" Budget boost and now have check engine light

Old 08-17-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed 2" Budget boost and now have check engine light

Installed lift and after about 86 miles the check engine light came on, my buddy said it might do that, something about the front end? not sure, can it be cause the steering wheel might be off just a tad? will an alignment fix the problem? Thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Not much experience here but I would say 100% it's not on because of an alignment. I would aim more towards the thought of a sensor or something that got bumped while installing the lift.

If it was to be from the alignment goddamn I'd pull the check engine light out! Up here in PA these roads fuck up your alignment 10 feet out of the garage parking lot.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

No, this is just letting you know that the dealer will now try to screw you out of your powertrain waranty because you lifted it.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I think an alignment problem would set off the ESP light if anything. You could take it to autozone for a free code check. I might take a budget off before going to the dealer.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

theres no way there related unless you messed something up which i'm not sure how you could unless you are the kind of person that shouldn't be under the hood
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Just a coincidence. Get a code reader on it and go from there. CM
Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by F200
Just a coincidence. Get a code reader on it and go from there. CM
x2 on the coincidence. The only thing I can think off related to the lift would be:

The ABS line
The Brake line
The locker wire if you have a Rubi

If anything happens to those items above the check engine light wouldn't be the one to light up...
Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Well, must had been a coincidence, took it to the Zone and showed a P0300 which is a cylinder misfire detected- random cylinders, explanation is the powertrain control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition...probable cause: ignition system fault-sparkplug(s), igntition wires or coil, vacuum leak, injector fault, high or low fuel pressure. This is covered under warranty correct? Gonna do a random check under the hood, maybe some bad gas? can't take it to the dealership till next week. Thoughts?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers08
Well, must had been a coincidence, took it to the Zone and showed a P0300 which is a cylinder misfire detected- random cylinders, explanation is the powertrain control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition...probable cause: ignition system fault-sparkplug(s), igntition wires or coil, vacuum leak, injector fault, high or low fuel pressure. This is covered under warranty correct? Gonna do a random check under the hood, maybe some bad gas? can't take it to the dealership till next week. Thoughts?
Personally, I would make a mental note of what cylinder, clear the code and take it in or investigate more should it happen again.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

It didn't say which cylinder it was, I do know that my MPG 's went from 15 mph to 17.1 in virtually 3 days, I thought that was kinda strange. My question is will this be covered under the warranty?

Quick Reply: Installed 2" Budget boost and now have check engine light