Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed Airaid CAI today

Old 12-12-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed Airaid CAI today

Was impressed with the overall quality of the AIRAID CAI kit (and the fact it's less expensive than most of the others on the market). Everything fit well and the instructions were top-notch. Took about 45 minutes taking my time. The air filter is large and the intake tract is much smoother internally than the stock pipe. The Jeep is definetly pulling in much mo' air now.

BTW, I didn't really add this for "power". I'm hoping it'll give me a 1-2MPG increase. Will post back once I run a tank of gas through it
Old 12-12-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't expect any mpg increase...i didn't notice any, and I check every tank.

Nice power gain, but no mpg gain.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:29 AM
JK Jedi

I didn't see a noticeable MPG gain either, though I typically get great MPG to begin with. It did add some useful throttle response in the dead zone from about 1800-2400 rpm.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to think about your logic. If the new intake is gonna pull in more air, what do you think the computer is gonna? You guessed it.....dump in more fuel.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Schantin
Was impressed with the overall quality of the AIRAID CAI kit (and the fact it's less expensive than most of the others on the market). Everything fit well and the instructions were top-notch. Took about 45 minutes taking my time. The air filter is large and the intake tract is much smoother internally than the stock pipe. The Jeep is definetly pulling in much mo' air now.

BTW, I didn't really add this for "power". I'm hoping it'll give me a 1-2MPG increase. Will post back once I run a tank of gas through it
Good to hear that is also the exact intake i will be installing...Goona
wait till this spring and get busy...
Old 12-13-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Glad you like it SCHANTIN....all the intakes are good and do produce results, not sure about the fuel increase though....I did notice improved throttle response and small amount of power. It's no hemi, but it does make a noticeable difference.

I have had my intake and exhaust on for over 1.5 years now, and love it. Rubicon_Fan has a lift and 35's (like me) but no intake or exhaust. The other day, we switched rides just to see the difference between the two. Both of us could not believe the difference in power and throttle response. Mine even has the heavy Warn bumper and Winch. I'm not saying mine is a power house, but it is much better than factory.

Congrats on the mod I love the sound too
Old 12-14-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm glad to hear all the great reviews. Mine is sitting at UPS Columbia hub, waiting for delivery tomorrow. Now I feel like I made the right choice.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posting back after a couple days of driving impressions.

1. The exhaust is deeper and more defined fom adding the intake - 2500RPM and up. Actually sounds pretty good for a V6

2. Initially felt a noticable difference in throttle response/power from 2000+ RPM. The response died off a bit after a day of driving, but its still better than stock. Think it's a conbination of getting used to the "power" + the computer compensating a bit for the change in airflow when part-throttle driving.

3. To comment on the MPG, no verdict yet. I would expect to see a gain. Why you ask?. Well..........increasing airflow makes the car run leaner than the factory setting. The computer compensates, but only to a certain degree. The factory sets the engine to run overly rich at wide open throttle for warranty purposes. The "leaner" condition (which is still a bit richer than ideal) gives better fuel economy and also more HP.

Anyhow, for $230...... I'm happy with it.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

I've had mine for a few months now. For the first tank, my mileage dropped. But that was because I couldn't keep my foot out of the gas. Since that tank, I have averaged a little over a mile per gallon increase.

Quick Reply: Installed Airaid CAI today