Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my Hubcentric Ebay AL wheel spacers today

Old 06-13-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the link to a set with about 20 days remaining. Same seller. Picture does not show actual hubcentric spacers I did receive.

And yes, used loctite and a calibrated torque wrench set to 95 ftlbs for each nut.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-25-JK-JEEP-WRANGLER-4-WHEEL-ADAPTERS-SPACERS-2007-UP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem51914062f6QQitemZ35032 9266934QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries[/url]

Last edited by mkjeep; 06-13-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: no ebay clickys
Old 06-13-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some things you should never get cheap on. Wheels spacers on a $30,000 family vehicle are number one.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I'm a firm believer that you don't always have to spend LOTS of money to get something that works and does the job you're looking for. My spacers are torqued down to 95ftlbs, surface was cleaned before install, nuts all have loctite thread lock. Drove around yesterday hitting 70 and 75mph, no shimmy, no weird vibrations. If they were such bad quality I think they would have been out of round and I would have felt some kind of vibration in my steering wheel.

And whats this about aluminum not up to some aerospace spec? Ummm I'm not flying the space shuttle or going into orbit or flying at mach 3. I don't think I have to worry about my spacers disintergrating and blowing themselves apart. They are CNC machined not hot pour casted and dremel polished.

I think most guys see "Ebay" and run for the hills. True, there is alot of crap on Ebay but some good deals too. If the don't go cheap adage was really true, then why doesn't everyone just buy the most expensive suspensions parts and most expensive tires?

You spend lots of money on something its got to be good right?

I spent $118 for 4 spacers. But they're not blue. I think they're just as good.

Just wanted to put this info out share with you guys that contrary to popular belief that all Ebay spacers are crap and lugcentric, I found a set that does the job and saves some money. Cheers
Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by berjepalon
And whats this about aluminum not up to some aerospace spec? Ummm I'm not flying the space shuttle or going into orbit or flying at mach 3.
Sadly, this was berjepalon's last post on JK-Forum.com. It turns out the "blue" on the inside of his Ebay spacers resulted from the recycling process not eliminating all the color in the Pepsi cans his spacers were made from. Dude made this comment, then was never heard from again.

Kidding. I hope your spacers work well for you. If they're the Real Deal, then it sounds like you scored quite a bargain.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pepsi cans.........good one dude.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

The ebay link did not work.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Copy and paste it into your browser's address bar. Auction should be good unless someone aleady picked them up. Seller is "garageracing" or seach "jeep Jk 1.5 wheel spacers set of 4" several entries for $118 free shipping.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Any 'hard part' or 'mechanical thing' can fail... even quality, brand name stuff.

Maybe the OP got a good deal on something that will perform adequately and will endure the test of heat cycles, vibration, speed and pounding of street driving and off road use. Or maybe not.

Spidertrax are manufactured from aluminum of extremely high tensile strength. The alloy used in these eBay spacers is anyone's guess. Spidertrax has been around for over a decade. They're anodized not for looks, but because untreated aluminum wheels spacers will corrode. All that means something to me.

I've got about $14K invested in my JK beyond purchase price. I wouldn't roll the dice on any wheel spacer other than Spidertrax, but that's just me . . . .
Old 06-14-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

it sucks to have a wheel fall off (will never own a VW again for that fact) its not the standard driving that will test your wheel spacers..its the big pot hole in the road that you dont see coming...one small weak point where they drilled for the lugs in a softer aluminum and all your lugs could shear through the sapcer aluminum...one of the forum members did a evaluation on the spidertrax spacers at his engineering workplace and found your wheel would fail before the spidertrax spacers...this is one of the parts i definatly would never go cheap on and id use something that is tried and true!! I hope they never fail for you!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

We all hope you got a quality product. That is all that everyone is worried about. As long as you are comfortable with it, then that is your decision. Not everyone likes to hear that they overpaid for something either. Hope it works out for you, make sure to post how well they hold up for you.

Quick Reply: Installed my Hubcentric Ebay AL wheel spacers today