JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Installed Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/installed-rancho-geometry-correction-brackets-345980/)

DiamondDan73 04-09-2018 01:09 PM

Installed Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets

I had a question about how to re-attach the lower control arms after installing the brackets. While installing them it seems my axle rotated and I lost about 2" of length and could not figure out how to re-attach the lower arms. I search for about a hour on how to twist my axle so they would re-attach and couldn't find anything.

I ended up putting blocks in front of my front tires and drove the jeep into the brackets. This seemed pretty dangerous but I was desperate. It was dark already I need to drive in the morning.

What was I supposed to do?

kevinlee 04-09-2018 01:43 PM

I used a ratchet strap to pull mine back in place

jadmt 04-09-2018 03:44 PM

I found the easiest way to do it is put your jeep in neutral and have a buddy roll the tire of the side you are installing while the opposite side is wedged or chalked. You can do it solo but really easy with a helper. I have installed no less than 10 sets of these and have used ratchet straps too but just rolling the tire is easier or has been for me.

Jahamm88 04-09-2018 08:22 PM

You should be able to get things lined up with a well placed jack at the differential, jack at pinion to decrease distance, jack at cover to increase of that makes sense.

resharp001 04-10-2018 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jahamm88 (Post 4318614)
You should be able to get things lined up with a well placed jack at the differential, jack at pinion to decrease distance, jack at cover to increase of that makes sense.

+1. Anytime you need to line up the holes in the mounts with the arms, jack under the diff to increase distance, jack under the pinion to decrease. Even as Jadmt suggests, you should be able to just roll the tires some.

What you did does indeed seem dangerous. Count yourself fortunate.

catahoula 04-11-2018 04:21 AM

You get it handled? Pics?

BoraBora 04-12-2018 04:23 PM

This^^^

Floor jack under the diff. You can do it solo too.

Rednroll 04-13-2018 09:27 AM

Yes, This.

Here's a LCA install video that describes the concept pretty well. However, he describes to put the jack on the tie rod end to increase distance.