Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets

Old 04-09-2018, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Installed Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets

I had a question about how to re-attach the lower control arms after installing the brackets. While installing them it seems my axle rotated and I lost about 2" of length and could not figure out how to re-attach the lower arms. I search for about a hour on how to twist my axle so they would re-attach and couldn't find anything.

I ended up putting blocks in front of my front tires and drove the jeep into the brackets. This seemed pretty dangerous but I was desperate. It was dark already I need to drive in the morning.

What was I supposed to do?
Old 04-09-2018, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used a ratchet strap to pull mine back in place
Old 04-09-2018, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I found the easiest way to do it is put your jeep in neutral and have a buddy roll the tire of the side you are installing while the opposite side is wedged or chalked. You can do it solo but really easy with a helper. I have installed no less than 10 sets of these and have used ratchet straps too but just rolling the tire is easier or has been for me.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be able to get things lined up with a well placed jack at the differential, jack at pinion to decrease distance, jack at cover to increase of that makes sense.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
You should be able to get things lined up with a well placed jack at the differential, jack at pinion to decrease distance, jack at cover to increase of that makes sense.
+1. Anytime you need to line up the holes in the mounts with the arms, jack under the diff to increase distance, jack under the pinion to decrease. Even as Jadmt suggests, you should be able to just roll the tires some.

What you did does indeed seem dangerous. Count yourself fortunate.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You get it handled? Pics?
Old 04-12-2018, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

This^^^

Floor jack under the diff. You can do it solo too.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Yes, This.

Here's a LCA install video that describes the concept pretty well. However, he describes to put the jack on the tie rod end to increase distance.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-13-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Installed Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets