Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing 2.5" Budget Boost - Jack Stands

Old 07-12-2017, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installing 2.5" Budget Boost - Jack Stands

Hey everyone, I'll be installing my TF Budget Boost on my own to save some coin. Doesn't look too complicated so I'm not worried about the install itself. What I am trying to figure out is if I need new jack stands. Mine only go up to 16 inches in height. Will I need a new set that can go up to 24 inches to drop the axle if the jack stands are supporting the frame?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could always stack some 2x6's underneath them.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by catahoula
You could always stack some 2x6's underneath them.
Awesome idea, but I just moved and I left them all back in my old garage Michigan. I think I'll just grab a pair to be safe. It's not like they're expensive.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

There are good off-road groups down your way that I'm sure someone would let you borrow some jack stands. Pulling the tires and dropping the axle (with the jacks under the frame) is how I've always done it. I put on a Metalcloak 4.5" lift without crazy huge jacks.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:09 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Jack stands are one of those things that get used often in my garage. Handy to have around in general, especially if you do your own work. I'd say it's worth picking some up.....Maybe check out Craigslist instead of buying new. I typically support the frame with jack stands, and then put a jack under the axle.....lowering it to facilitate axle droop. You should be fine. Mind the tension on the ABS and brake lines. You may need to unbolt the bracket from the frame to gain a little more droop (can't recall).

If you ever need more height on one of your jack stands, build a riser block out of 2x4 and secure the jack to the top.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:09 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the tips everyone! Ended up getting a new jack and jack stands as it made the job a lot easier. Took a day and a half because everything was good and rusted but I got her back together with the 2.5" lift installed.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1056.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	673322Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	673323

Quick Reply: Installing 2.5" Budget Boost - Jack Stands