Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installing viking rope on warn 9.5ti, help please

Old 06-19-2014, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing viking rope on warn 9.5ti, help please

Hey guys, just got some new viking synthetic line. Stripped off the old cable, sanded/painted the drum and now have a quick question..
How do you attach the synthetic line to the drum? Do i take the metal connector off of the steel cable and attach it to the rope?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may need to go to the internet if no one responds. I certainly don't know the technique so that may be your best bet while waiting for a response. Good luck and if you find out how, share it here.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MangoWilly
Hey guys, just got some new viking synthetic line. Stripped off the old cable, sanded/painted the drum and now have a quick question.. How do you attach the synthetic line to the drum? Do i take the metal connector off of the steel cable and attach it to the rope?
You just duct tape the tip to the drum. Then get about 5 good wraps on the drum and duct tape over all 5 wraps so you never unspool past that point.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

http://www.winchline.com/documents/V...ons%20v1.2.pdf
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Your winch has a screw that thread in to the side of the drum (unless you have broken it off like me) this is just to hold the rope in place for the first few turns. If it is not being used you can remove the ring from the cable but it is not necessary. If you are not using the ring, just use a couple of pieces of duct tape, one piece at the end of the rope and the other at the wall of the drum. Rap the new cable tight after 5 or so turns. If you don’t it will take the outer windings and force them through the looser windings below as the outer windings tighten up from the winching and it will make a mess for you later.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

It was an idiot mistake of mine. I was examining the rope while in the bag and just seen the end of the synthetic line had a wrap of tap on it. Lil did i know, 10" from the end was a point. Got it all spooled on about 10 min later. Tried to repost but didnt show up :/

Quick Reply: installing viking rope on warn 9.5ti, help please