Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

interior lighting question

Old 12-26-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior lighting question

Hi everyone,

This evening, i was attempting to add some extra lighting to the interior of my 2012 jku sport. I ran wire and hooked some of the extra LED lights to the dome light wire located in the passenger foot well. Everything was going perfectly, but then, for some reason the dome lights stopped working. I checked all of the wiring, bulbs and switches. My assumption is that I blew a fuse... but, I can't seem to find the fuse for the interior lights. I couldn't find anything with that label on the inside of the fuse box cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

The dome light's driver is in the cluster, no fuse involved according to the wiring diagram.

Is your dome light an LED, too?

Check for voltage at the lamp socket. If none, check on both sides of any splices you made.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did that fix your issue? I'm researching before I start adding LEDs.

joker----- Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: interior lighting question