Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

jeep airplane!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeep airplane!

hmm, ok so i have a 2011 2 door sahara, i purchased this about 3-4months ago and it already had the following installed, rubi take off suspension front and rear "looks to be about" 2.5 coil spacer with shock extenders, any hoot ive noticed that my sway bar isnt in correct position, "front and rear" they are kind of pointed down some so i purchased the jks adj links for rear and replaced my rear with those. havent done my fron yet im gonna use my stock rears for front. when i replaced my rear i also put my 1.5 spidertrax wheel spacers on there "running 295/70/17 nittor trails on stock rims" when i was on interstate yesterday doing about 70 mph i switched lanes and thought me jeep was gonna roll over!!!! so its being super duper flighty!! is that because i havent corrected the front sway links yet? very sketchy top heavy feeling on the interstate!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few things, some of which are relative to a few factors. Considering it may be about 2.5" lift, the geometry correction (although not necessary) would add to the flighty feel. As for the sway bar links, the more parallel to the ground, the better, but I've seen 2.5" with stock links, and it was fine. The last consideration? How fast were you driving, how quickly did you try to change lanes, road off camber, etc.???
Old 01-06-2014, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
A few things, some of which are relative to a few factors. Considering it may be about 2.5" lift, the geometry correction (although not necessary) would add to the flighty feel. As for the sway bar links, the more parallel to the ground, the better, but I've seen 2.5" with stock links, and it was fine. The last consideration? How fast were you driving, how quickly did you try to change lanes, road off camber, etc.???
i always thought that the sway bar more up than down was better? i was doing 70 and switched over pretty fast and also come to think of it that was the first time ive driving it that fast and on interstate im probly just use to my other jk i had that was stock.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

When you lifted the jeep from stock you decrease caster causing a wandering feeling. The only way to correct caster is by upper or lower control arm that are adjustable. Your sway bar should be parallel to the ground. Also you are higher than stock and have taller tires, so its not going to be that great if you have to make sudden lane changes. More caster makes it track straighter
Old 01-06-2014, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I'm ordering a RK 2.5 lift soon that comes with the adjustable arms to fix the issue.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry I had to lol

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389054819547.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	521889  
Old 01-06-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronixwrangler
Thanks, I'm ordering a RK 2.5 lift soon that comes with the adjustable arms to fix the issue.
I was going to suggest starting over. I am sure the person that sold it knows how it was and didn't want to spend the money.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Sorry I had to lol Sent from my obama monitoring device

Lol nice!!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dbmoorejr
I was going to suggest starting over. I am sure the person that sold it knows how it was and didn't want to spend the money.

True, trying to recoup from Christmas and then gonna order, hopefully by the end of the month.

Quick Reply: jeep airplane!