Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep jk hub going bad

Old 02-29-2016, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep jk hub going bad

When I park my jeep on a decline my tires lean In in the top but if it's on flat ground they appear normal alignment shop said that the camber was -.6 and -.1 but I feel like it is wheel hubs no noise or anything coming from them do
Have a wobble at around 60mph
Tires don't seem to be loose or shake
Ball joints and tie rods just replaced also track bar just replaced also

Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-29-2016, 04:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by trickynick452
When I park my jeep on a decline my tires lean In in the top but if it's on flat ground they appear normal alignment shop said that the camber was -.6 and -.1 but I feel like it is wheel hubs no noise or anything coming from them do
Have a wobble at around 60mph
Tires don't seem to be loose or shake
Ball joints and tie rods just replaced also track bar just replaced also

Any help would be appreciated
You said in one of your other posts dealing with the same camber concerns the shop told you your camber readings were -0.6 and -1.0.
Now you are saying -0.6 and -0.1.
Which is it??

It has also been mentioned it's normal for the front tires to lean in at the top.

If you think the hubs are bad, jack up each front wheel, grab the tire top and bottom, and try to wiggle the wheel. If it has no play, and is quiet when you spin the wheel, it's most likely a good hub.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

-.6 and -1.0 sorry an they lean in when in reverse already replaced the hubs tie rods ball joints track bar etc
Old 03-01-2016, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

If i understand him the tires lean in when going in reverse and/or removing load from them .. Or lifting off the ground.

Quick Reply: Jeep jk hub going bad