Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep Lift Help?

Old 03-28-2016, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Lift Help?

Well, first off I have been a lurker for a little while now, and have just recently purchased my first 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport and love it. With that being said, i'm pretty unfamiliar with lifts and all that jazz, and that's why I am seeking help. I'm looking to get a lift and new tires for the more aggressive look, with mainly just messing around in the mud and snow (from Buffalo, so we get a lot of that). I'm thinking a 2-3 inch lift would be more than good enough, but not really sure about brand or what type of lift. Also, looking at some 33" tires to top it all off. Any help is greatly appreciated and always welcomed, Thanks.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

First, welcome to the forum!

Okay... now your question. The search function in this forum does okay. Try that and it may help you some. That said, here are a couple results that may help you.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-boost-331372/

Good luck!
Old 03-28-2016, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the help.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Since you've been a lurker, you probably noticed that there are usually 5 or 10 threads just like yours every week. And there is generally no consensus on what manufacturer is best (though you will quickly learn which ones are disliked for whatever reason), what height is best, what tire is best, etc. Just what is best for you. Where you live. With your use. So try to read between the lines on the replies.

Do you plan on chopping your flares or going to flats? If so, you might not bother with a lift for 33's. If you decide that you do want a lift, a simple 2-2.5" BB (spacer lift) would work fine. If you want coils, do some reading to see what actual lift height you could expect to get from them. (many people have been surprised by an extra inch or two, depending on mfg and vehicle weight...)

That first linked thread is a good place to start. Spend a little time getting a handle on what the individual components actually do. Then when you are looking at lifts, pay attention to which components are included, and whether 'you' would want anything that is missing. (When you have questions, just ask, but again, lots of room for personal preference involved.)

I think the sites search engine is kinda weak. If you don't find what you want with it, try using this in google or yahoo or wherever, followed by what you want to find.

site:www.jk-forum.com

Quick Reply: Jeep Lift Help?