Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeetops / Beware

Old 08-29-2015, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks professional to me.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would jut like to point out that the issue with our panels were eventually resolved to my satisfaction by Chris. It sounds like he has gotten the material issues sorted out and now has inventory. The new panels have held up great thus far.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

So I had heard that Chris somewhat got his act together and that the Jeetops were improving, so I decided to take a stroll over to their YouTube account and look at some install videos they recently uploaded. Things seem to be going decent I guess. Time will tell after some more people get their hands on the improved tops. However, I looked at the YouTube account and it looks like Chris has been using it as a bit of a personal account. Dude has weird perverted videos saved in playlists ON THE JEETOPS BUSINESS ACCOUNT. 😅 Real class act lol......
Old 03-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge
they wont give you your money back? looks like a cool product but forget it if it leaks

they have this jeep on their site, it looks silly with that old mans tar cover on the back

Quite interesting find....that's right before my neighborhood. Hmm, wonder if I've seen that Jeep before
On another note, this has to be the most entertaining thread I've read on here. Certainly had to refrain from laughing while the boss was in the office
-Chris
Old 11-24-2016, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I was on FB on one of the club sites I'm involved in and someone shared one of Chris's (The Owners) Jeetop picture posts. So of course I had to post a link to this thread. Now the post is gone lol.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually think the Jeetop for the back seat is pretty awesome. Even the ones for the front are cool in the winter when it's too cold to have them off but nice to let in light.

That being said, prior to reading this thread, I reached out to them to inquire on pricing. I was provided with a better price but after reading this thread, I won't be taking any chances with my top. It's too much of a risk. Absent the "500 people" with fixed/warranted tops posting how they love them, it's not worth the $$$ (even discounted). This is a mod that you cannot simply remove if it doesn't work out.

Here's his response after I told him I would not be proceeding and wishing him success with his business:

"name one that is real and i bet you cant .... we haven't had a issue in 4 years and they were all taken care of since any were cause by Dow who admitted fault and we are in suite against for 100m .. and the forms are filled with sociopath's/trolls ...so name one that's true or are you really that ignorant ? i have a AAA rating with the BBB and the product is bultet proof and i gan give you the whos who that will tell you get a clue"

Pretty sure I made the right call but it may be interesting to get a list of people that will provided various ways to get a clue.

Thanks for the forum and input from others. Probably saved me from some headaches.

I do hope that the product quality has improved but the customer interactions are still in the basement.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hill-king
This is why I love the internet. I joined this forum to research headers and these tops. I saw them on Quadratech, but couldn't find any reviews.
i have leather too. maybe it's not woth the risk. Anyone else have any insght on these? Maybe insulated tops are the way to go.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY STOLE MY MONEY. This is not an exaggeration. My order could not be filled and I was told I would receive a refund. Six months later, I am still waiting. I contacted the BBB, WI Attorney General, and the Ohio Attorney General (I'm an Ohio resident). Chris (the owner) has ignored all attempts at mediation. DO NOT BUY!!!!!
Old 01-29-2019, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

WOW!!! This thread almost makes me wish I had a hard top for my Jeep so I could put holes in it and experience the feeling of freedom.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
I understand that when I buy your product, as the consumer, you are responsible to me for any failure of your product. If you failed to test your product with the raw materials that you chose to use and it fails, you are responsible to me and your vendor is responsible to you, not me.

The way you write is a reflection of you and your company. I am by no means a grammer nazi or an english professor but when I see somone representing a company who has grammer such as yours. It reflects poorly on your company. Quite frankly you couldnt pay me to re read anything more you have to say. In fact youve made it to my ignore list. Good luck in your buisiness venture man.
I have to agree. Jeeptops is off my list.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default I had numerous email exchanges with Chris the owner

Your right at first I asked inquiring questions and he was nice and polite.
Then as I he hawed around and drug my feet (which I ended up being glad I did) the emails started to change slightly
Now it was more of a Boast type email exchange how could you not like our tops there are the best in the world, yet I researched and I found only two people that would even say anything good about it and they also had leaks they eneded up getting them fixed...

Then it turned to as If I was insulting him because I didnt want to shell out 4gs...

Then it got rude on his end and I stopped communicating with him completely...

First rule of Business without customers Your not really a business your playing pretend, I get the bad customers and the constant struggle with QC and customers...
But you cant get rude and expect people to want to fork over hard earned cash.

You also would have thought that he could lower the prices I mean we are talking about a Jig saw, Tape Sealer gasket and gasket I was just going to use Marine Grade Chalking and through bolts and Tinted Lexan which you can bend in half it wont break it will scratch but its a challenge to snap it at all in any way...

I was a Knats ass from grabbing mine and chopping them up. Well now I have a JKU set of freedom panels since I monsta lined the jeep inside and out Red / Black.

I think in two yrs when I get done doing my life work...Im going to head home to Florida and start my own business making and doing these right...
Its not Nasa shit its water silicone and plexi for the most part...

I had a bunch of emails I think I put them at my place Website-no this is not an ad...
The reviews on the Jeetop website are so fake its stupid they may be a real one or two but its mostly advertising on their own site soi yea there the greatest...

I am going to try to target the 750 range for the two freedom panels and 500 for the main hard top one. I may also be williing to travel to the buyer when I start doing them...may as well drive my jeep around and see the country...
This also is not an ad.
I have been toying with a couple things to do for retirement and I keep wanting things no one makes yet. or modifying everything I own so I may as well start getting paid for it...
Anyhow If these were closer to 1500 with all three done or maybe 1750 I would probably do it. but the price of a new hard top is about 3 gs and they have tons of different styles out there its too much price for such a narrow slice of some action.
And its not all that to begin with.

I hope he starts doing good business no matter how this turns out, I kinda started getting the feeling he probably makes an extra 20gs a yr and does about 5 or ten of these and the bad reviews are killing him.
They should be pristine for the rates he is charging not riddled with issues leaks and customer relations...
Its a Great Idea I have owned vehicles with Tee tops since I was 16 and thats a long ways back.
Still own one and two jeeps with panels and removable tops also...
I made my own black out panels when I was unable to locate any to fit a 79 Trans am. cost like 12 bucks took about 30 minutes...
I would have paid 150 for a custom built set like everyone else runs, but did I stop the sun from cooking me in july You bet I did...

Anyhow Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Quick Reply: Jeetops / Beware