Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Performance Module

Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Performance Module

Has anyone installed the Jet Performace Module?

jetchip.com

Last edited by doojer; 05-31-2007 at 09:51 PM. Reason: edited non-sponsor link.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rubiman

jetchip.com
Mine should be here today or tomorrow... I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

ive had mine installed for 3 months now, cant really say there are gains or losses as i did everything at once (35's, muffler, and chip) but the Jeep pulls great
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rubiman
I have mine, but haven't installed it yet. I was waiting for the engine to break-in a bit more (only 160km on it now), but then it stalled at a stop sign. I'm not sure if I want to mess with the electronics now that I know I have the dreaded 'stall bug' problem... Then again, maybe it would help! :-)

js.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've had a stage 1 for a while now, coupled with my AEM. a little throttle response, maybe another mile for 10 gallons or so of fuel, and about a 2.5 minute install time. i imagine things will pick up more when i bore out the throttle body some and put an better flowing exhaust in. you're only as good as your bottle-neck.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Junkie

I posted this on another thread hope it helps...........

I got home this morning after shift to find my brand new Stage1 Jet module sitting at my doorstep! The install was fairly straight. You must, however, do exactly what the instructions say(duh). Well, I tried to install it without removing the ECU (only 3 easy screws) because at first it appears you can. Yeah, until you find out that the bottom of the plugs have tricky clips just like the tops do. It is a bit tricky to get it on snug because the module is quite a tight fit. After I installed it I drove it around the block to find that it wouldn't leave second gear, starting or slowing. The instructions say if there are any problems what-so-ever make sure it's snugly on first. So I did so. The damn thing came loose when I reinstalled the ECU and I didn't realize it. I think it's because the Jet Module lacks a bottom snappy piece like the top has. Oh well. I snugged it up and BAM! It works! The difference in power is there. It's nothing incredible but there is a small difference. One example I can use is that I usually like the performance of my O/D off in town but now O/D on is just fine. Another example is that getting up to highway speed is where I feel that I have felt it the most. I now feel like I have to let off of the gas getting up to speed when I used to feel like I had to stay in it. I'm mostly satisfied with the product. I would have been completely satisfied if the thing had a bottom snap and stayed on the first time I snugged it. I'm just a tad bit nervous that it could possibly get moved with some off-road jarring... However, I kinda doubt it will. I suppose the real test will have to wait till I finish this tank. Better fuel mileage is what I'm trying to achieve here anyway. If anyone has questions about the module feel free to ask. I got it for $185 delivered from AutoAnything.com with a coupon for free shipping and %15 off from Yahoo Shopping(and they had a %10 off that day too).

Quick Reply: Jet Performance Module